PDA

View Full Version : Another question

Eric 1
01-23-2004, 09:48 PM
I had decided to get a w.b. to use fore this season most likely a ex-mark metro, well ex mark has the new controls i don't like,can i get the old pistol grip? there is a nearby hustler dealer but i don't like the super and the other is just to much.My other choices are scag, husky,snapper and J.D. So my question is what do you think or should i get something else off the net?

Also what do you think of the Bradly and the mowers at Landscapers resource?

This will by part time this year so i don't want some huge expensive machine, if i go full time next year i will get a ztr, most of my lawns are flat.

I saw the Toro time cutter this would be a good size but are they any good.

I have been looking for used but most stuff is so beat i am scared to demo it ,let alone bye it!

Cutters Lawn Care
01-23-2004, 09:49 PM
you can still get the pistol grip

Eric 1
01-23-2004, 10:05 PM
Talked to the dealer, he only stocks the new ones, so that opption is out. No exmark.:mad:

So what is my next best bet?

Cutters Lawn Care
01-23-2004, 10:17 PM
You can get a 2004 Exmark Metro with the pistol grips still. What dealer are you using?

Eric 1
01-23-2004, 10:26 PM
One in athens,thats the closest one,maybe he was just to lazy to go look.Or figured at this time year i was a joke.

walker-talker
01-23-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Eric 1
Talked to the dealer, he only stocks the new ones, so that opption is out. No exmark.:mad:

So what is my next best bet? What an idiot......he won't oder one for you? Have you asked?

Cutters Lawn Care
01-23-2004, 10:38 PM
You just missed out on a deal a 2002 metro sold on ebay for about $800 recently. It was in Atlanta also. I totally agree with Walker Talker. I just picked up a 2004 Exmark Catalog today and it plainly show the picture of the metro with pistol grips. If the dealer won't help you out he's an idiot. Tell him what you are looking for and tell him to order it if he doesn't have it in stock.

chefdrp
01-23-2004, 11:03 PM
Have you looked at the Lesco W/B? Friend of mine has a 48 inch and i used it. Im getting one at there show this spring. 2500.00

goodbeus
01-24-2004, 06:28 AM
You're having problems with the dealer already...kinda tell ya something, don't it:eek:

PaulJ
01-24-2004, 01:39 PM
Try the Hustler. What don't you like about it? we are talking walkbehinds here right? YOu can get the standard with 15hp or 17hp for less than the Super 23/25hp ones. Same controls just smaller engine and tires.
Snapper also has a nice control system called a loop grip. works like pistol grips only a different shaped lever and very easy speed and tracking adjustment. Also easy hight adjustment on the floating decks. I think Toro has fixed deck models with pistol grips maybe floating too.
try to get a demo on the hustler with a bull rider They're great.

Here's a pic of the standard from the hustler websight.

Eric 1
01-24-2004, 10:23 PM
Ok i will start at the top.

I went and talked to another sales person today,they will order a pistol grip for me.

Crap.that was a steal for $800:mad:

no i have not seen a lesco dealer here

dont like the hustler..ugly overpriced for what i need, dealer is an hour from me.

Pecker
01-24-2004, 10:26 PM
I'd look seriously at the Deere.

DennisF
01-25-2004, 07:33 AM
It sounds like you want a belt drive. In that case... Scag.

Cutters Lawn Care
01-25-2004, 10:48 AM
Apparently the exmark I told you about on Ebay didn't sell. The buyer probably didn't show up with the funds because it is listed on there again. It sounds exactly what you are looking for. Exmark metro 36" with pistol grips. Check it out. It was on there about 2 weeks ago and I think it sold somewhere in the $800 range. It is located just north of Atlanta.

Cutters Lawn Care
01-25-2004, 10:55 AM
Item number on the mower is 2375661113

Tony Clifton
01-25-2004, 11:08 AM
Take a look at the Deere, they came out with all new walk-behinds this year, not sure if they are out yet, but it should be within the next couple of weeks. I would worry more about the dealer than the name of mower though. All mowers are going to break no matter what color they are. You need a dealer who will get you the parts fast, and can fix it fast if needed, and make sure they have a back-up you can use when yours is out.