PDA

View Full Version : Northeast NY, any others out there?

jrc lawncare
01-25-2004, 07:29 PM
I'm sure there are others from the upstate NY area, We own a small lco north of Albany.Would like to hear from some others from the Upstate NY area. This is an excellent site, have'nt posted in a while, looking forward to all the qualitry info and ideas tossed around here. thanks guys.:D

chefdrp
01-26-2004, 12:43 AM
western NY. here. near jamestown and buffalo

Mike Wilton
01-26-2004, 10:00 AM
From Bradford Pa. Moved to Warren Pa. I inlaws on Goose creek. Now live in Oka Ridge N.C. started mowing summer of 2003 just love it. How are things at the Surf club.

tawilson1152
01-26-2004, 05:35 PM
Northern NY, north of Watertown. Just starting up.

lawnguyland
02-04-2004, 08:45 AM
hey guys, I'm from down on long island.
There is tons of work here and bus. is great. However, I love it upstate and would move up there in a second. How is the business up there? Is it relatively easy to get customers (assuming you know your shiznet) and are they close together? Is the season short? Here it's march to dec. Any input appreciated.

jrc lawncare
02-04-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by lawnguyland
hey guys, I'm from down on long island.
There is tons of work here and bus. is great. However, I love it upstate and would move up there in a second. How is the business up there? Is it relatively easy to get customers (assuming you know your shiznet) and are they close together? Is the season short? Here it's march to dec. Any input appreciated. Business is good. It is really as big as you want it to get. Hoping to go full time this year, last year was so busy, could hardly keep up along with a full time job.

chefdrp
02-07-2004, 10:16 AM
Hi mike, Surf club is still cool. I work at the See-Zurh house full time and cut grass PT. We have a bartender from warren here. She goes by Jilly K.

Bob's Lawn
02-08-2004, 09:53 PM
Just North of Syracuse here. I was full time. I am now working for a new TV station and only doing lawns part time now.

Since I went part time I have had more calls for service. Isn't that always the way?

Bob

djlawn
03-30-2004, 03:15 PM
Hey Bob's Lawn do you work in East Syracuse at all. email me if you do.

Bob's Lawn
03-30-2004, 06:32 PM
djlawn,

I haven't worked that direction. Mainly North Syracuse-Clay area. How is the business there?

ronwarren
04-25-2004, 07:02 PM
ron's lawn service, lower hudson valley. I was beggining to think new yorkers did not play in this neighborhood. now I dont feel like an alien :alien:

Old Red
05-07-2004, 11:31 AM
MikeC in Auburn, You were asking in another forum about my business and equipment. I've got a TC33D NH, box scraper, york rake, harley rake, dump trailer, spreaders, shovels, slit-seeder and my most important piece of equipment, a hand rake. I'm just part time doing installations and renovations. I'll never pay for my equipment working part time but didn't plan to. What I want to do is get established by the time I retire from NYS in just four years. Then I hope it will start paying. If not my wife will be very disappointed.

I was a guard at AuburnCF for 15 years and knew a Mike Coleman there. Related to you? Send me a PM, we should get together for coffee some rainy morning.

Hello to the rest of you Upstaters too. I get a few calls for renovations in N. and E. Syracuse. I didn't like driving up there to look at jobs I probably wasn't going to get when gas was under a buck eighty. Anybody out there want referrals?

cntryboymc
05-09-2004, 11:51 PM
old red-i dont know that coleman.im working on going full time due to restructuring at ford dealer where i work.everyone upstate,it seems like every trailer i see has a dixie chopper on it.are they really that good?also does anyone deal with garys equipment in clay?

Bob's Lawn
05-13-2004, 07:35 PM
Dixie Choppers are very nice. I don't think anything mows faster. I don't have properties where they would work, so I haven't bought one, but I am always looking for a reason.

I bought my Exmark from Gary 2 years ago. I've had no problems with him, but I have heard bad things from other people. He has been fine by me so take that for what it's worth. He is no longer a dealer for Exmark, so I won't be there for my mower.

Bob's Lawn

cntryboymc
05-20-2004, 11:46 AM
what bad things have you heard about gary's?i was wondering what everyone does for health insurance?

YGWBill
03-25-2005, 07:17 PM
Ithaca here

Ford2000
03-27-2005, 04:12 PM
Rochester ny and North Carolina

cbelawn
04-02-2005, 08:38 PM
I try to do all my work west of Syracuse in the Faimount, Camillus Area. peace

BobR
04-03-2005, 08:15 AM
Welcome YGWBill, Ford2000 and cbelawn. Got up this morning and the sun was shining about 20 minutes later we were socked in with rain clouds, it will be a few days before heavy mowers can be used here in the Saratoga area.

BobR

djlawn
04-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Some people were wondering about Gary's Small Engine in Clay. The problem with him is his service. I bought my first mowers from him. The price was right, but his service wasn't. I now deal with Carl's Mowers on Pottery Rd in Warners. They deal with Exmark, Husqvarna, and Hustler. They have been very good to me. Service is excellent.

cbelawn
04-11-2005, 05:57 PM
i have always been sceptical about Grays!. I am picking up a new HUSTLER Z from CARL's tomorrow. I bought a few things from them last year and was pleased every time.

greenpastureslc
10-20-2005, 10:15 AM
I work everywhere between Watertown and Massena. If your plates getting full contact me.

PROCUT1
10-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Im in the exact mid point between NYC and Albany

Ford2000
10-21-2005, 05:49 AM
Rochester NY Looking for Snowplowing subs

jwlandscape/Lawncare
04-13-2008, 02:52 PM
My most difficult area is pricing.ie;Cutting,edging, mulch installitation and so on. I have a good idea,but still question if I am leaving Money on the table.Last think I want to do is under price.Any Sugestion without reservation on info I may obtain to help with this topic?Looking for Honest help please!!!:usflag: