PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be truck

Groundcover Solutions
01-31-2004, 01:59 PM
This is my soon to be truck we taged it just a few days ago!!! I am excited for this spring!!!!!!

Groundcover Solutions
01-31-2004, 02:01 PM
Lest try that one more time!

Groundcover Solutions
01-31-2004, 02:10 PM
now lets see if i can make it bigger!

http://www.superford.org/getfile.php?id=104505&toggle=fullsize&f=EB2198U.jpg

Groundcover Solutions
01-31-2004, 02:11 PM
I have finaly figured this thing out!!!!

BSDeality
01-31-2004, 04:18 PM
looks sweet. what kind of square footage can you cover in one load n go? also how far can you go from the truck with the hose/mulch?

Avery
01-31-2004, 05:43 PM
NICE............! :)

Groundcover Solutions
01-31-2004, 05:52 PM
It holds 60 yards of material. You can go up to i think 1500 or so feet from the truck. The truck holds around 300 feet of hose.

Tvov
01-31-2004, 06:09 PM
I assume you mean that if you bring extra hose, you can go 1500ft?

Groundcover Solutions
01-31-2004, 09:05 PM
Yeah if you bring extra hose. I have never tried just see how far it would spit it out..... that might be somethign interesting to try!!!

Eric 1
01-31-2004, 09:36 PM
Very good looking

but.....what does it do?

At first i thought it was a dump but then i saw ''hose'',so i'm kinda confused...or stupid.What does it do?:confused:

Groundcover Solutions
01-31-2004, 11:09 PM
You can put up to 60 yards of Mulch, 3/4 in stone, topsoil, and other such materials into it. Then you blow thoughs materials down you can put about 40-60 yards down in an hour depending on conditions. It is a great time and cost saver on large and even on smaller jobs. Our price is also around the landscapers cost so all they have to do is fax us the daminsions and we lay it. They don't have to do any work and the quality that it is laid down at with minimal damage to lawn is excelent. For more info you can visit my parters site @ www.superiorgroundcover.com

maal
02-01-2004, 05:16 AM
NIICE TRUCK !!!!

Black Water
02-01-2004, 10:11 AM
Nice truck! Looks waaaaaaaaaay out of my league.:D

proenterprises
02-01-2004, 11:30 AM
wow thats a nice rig

pjslawncare/landscap
02-02-2004, 10:52 PM
Very sweet truck Groundcover. Bet that set you back a pritty penny. Sure it will pay for itself and some though. How did you get financed at the age of 19 though? Steele someones ID

Groundcover Solutions
02-02-2004, 11:23 PM
well that is a long story! I am partnering with a company that is based in Grand Rapids MI. I have an invester that is loaning me the down payment of the truck and the partner is providing the other backing. He has an established business in Grand Rapids and has been doing more and more work in my area. So, we decided to put a company permintly into my area. So the plan is to service the contracts we have and hopefully gain many more contracts and expand. That is the plan, we plan on starting up next month and there is still alot of work to be done and alot more to come, but i am ready for it all and am excited.

Groundcover Solutions
02-02-2004, 11:25 PM
That is the short version...

youngdude
02-03-2004, 06:00 PM
I find this a little hard to belive that you baught that, you said in your profile that your only 19. Your age is throwing me off, way off. You have any proff of this purchase?

Groundcover Solutions
02-03-2004, 06:11 PM
the truck is 295,000 (that is some serious sticker shock) It will defiantly take a few years to pay off but it will not be as bad as you might think. If you know what you are doing and run your business right and market to the correct demographic you will be set. The keys are getting contracts and keeping them, and keeping your truck busy at all times. Also you need to keep your truck in good condition and do regular maintenance on it so you do not have down time. If you do quality work and pride yourself in that you will be a success. My competition strives more for amount of work than quality and that is where i will come in. The contracts that i have a the large landscape companies in my area they go with us because we do our projects when we say we are going to do them. We also strive for quality and make sure that our work meets up to the highest standers. We are actually representing the landscaping company that we are working for. If we do not do good work it makes the landscaper look bad and when the look bad they are not happy. If you don't strive for quality in the beginning you can get a bad name fast and it is always hard to get that out of peoples minds. Just my 2 cents

SodKing
02-03-2004, 06:40 PM
Who is going to drive that CDL mandated rig? You have to be 21 to drive acommercial vehicle. Nothing wrong with young guys in business I just hope your know everything you may have to deal with.

Groundcover Solutions
02-03-2004, 07:53 PM
In MI the CDL age is 18, I have already taken and passed my Writen. I am currently looking for one more driver and some clean up and hose draging help.

SodKing
02-03-2004, 07:57 PM
That I didn't know. What about your insurance company what is their position?

Groundcover Solutions
02-03-2004, 07:57 PM
As for knowing what i need to know, I am partnering with a guy that has an established bark blowing biz in Mid MI area. He is helping with everything i don't know. Of course things will come up that i did not expect and don't have the answeres for, but when dose that not happen. And of course i do have this great site to ask questions and get help!!! Thanks everyone for your support and your constructive critasisam. it is always good to hear it from both sides!!!! There is not much you cant learn from.

Groundcover Solutions
02-03-2004, 07:59 PM
Insurance is already set and i am cleard to drive it. The guy I am working with started his Co. when he was also only 19, yes it can be hard to get respect and other business things at that age but if you try and look you can find it.

youngdude
02-03-2004, 08:05 PM
Only 19 and have this huge piece of eqipment. I am only 16 and am having trouble getting a nice truck. Good luck and if you ever do work in Ohio tell me, i'd like to see this.

Groundcover Solutions
02-03-2004, 08:12 PM
The actual financing is going through my partners name, I got a loan from a friend (had legal papers drawn up to cover every aspect). I used the loan to pay 50% of the down payment on the truck my partner pays the other 50%. then we go from there making money and paying payments. That is the short version of it any ways.

MudslinginFX4
02-03-2004, 11:58 PM
WOW is all I can say. I'm jealous... not really though, I think it would be more productive for me to sub contract out to people like you!

Five Star Lawn Care LLC
02-05-2004, 08:10 PM
how much are you going to be charging per/yard to install double shreaded hardwood on a 45-60 yrd job?

Groundcover Solutions
02-06-2004, 01:30 AM
If we purchase the materilas it is 35 per yard (tentative)
If you purchase the materials it is around 21 per yard (tentative)

I will know the exact price as soon as i get some qutes back from some suppliers.

Groundcover Solutions
02-06-2004, 01:34 AM
Curently I am wating for SBC to get back to me so i can get my phone #'s figured out!!! Also waiting to get my stinkin Certificate of Ocupancy from my township... as soon as this stuff comes in I will be hitting the ground running. We plan on getting the truck this month so we are trying to move things along and get contracts for this season. (just to give some background info on were we are at currently)

Five Star Lawn Care LLC
02-06-2004, 03:49 PM
well we might just have to grab some lunch some day and talk about this....ive got one 50 yrd site, probably a 30 yrd site and another im going to take a stab in the dark and say 100+ yard site that all need to be re-blown this spring

Groundcover Solutions
02-07-2004, 02:50 AM
I will PM you with my cell #. I have not gotten my #'s from SBC yet so check your PM.

ProMo
02-07-2004, 09:15 AM
the company near me has 7 trucks now and they recently (2 yrs ago ) set up there own processing facility were they shred there own mulch. they used to have a large nursery and now they only do mulch top soil etc

Groundcover Solutions
02-07-2004, 11:05 AM
I hope one day to be that big!!! That would be sweeeeet

desertrat
02-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Here in Tucson, decorative rock is big business, and I sell and install a lot of rock. I work with a decorative rock company, and I would like some information on this truck. What is it called? Can it handle 23tons of rock?

JB1LNDSCPR
02-08-2004, 10:45 PM
I am 19 years old also and there are plenty of ways to get great equipment i have the best around and now all i need is the customers.

You guys don't understand there are ways around everything......who needs a CDL.........Its all a plan and i am sure he wouldn't buy the truck if he didn't have a plan for it.....

Nice Truck Man !!!!!!!!

Groundcover Solutions
02-08-2004, 11:50 PM
Well as for the rock thing i am not sure what it can do rock wise you would have to contact the company. They are Express Blower www. expressblower.com

As for the plan thing, you better belive i have a well thought out plan!!! With this kind of money on the line i have been resurching and planing this for about a year now. And now it is all coming togeather and i hope for a great season. Alrealy have added quite a few customers to my line up for this spring!!!

BigEd
02-09-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Groundcover Solutions
Well as for the rock thing i am not sure what it can do rock wise you would have to contact the company. They are Express Blower www. expressblower.com

As for the plan thing, you better belive i have a well thought out plan!!! With this kind of money on the line i have been resurching and planing this for about a year now. And now it is all coming togeather and i hope for a great season. Alrealy have added quite a few customers to my line up for this spring!!!

I hope you research better than you spell cause I have read your post's and...well never mind:(

Tony Clifton
02-09-2004, 10:29 AM
BigEd, was that really necessary? Everybody's spelling on here is terrible, is it becuase they don't know how, or is it because they type out a response quickly and know that spelling isn't much of an issue? Sorry about the run on sentence.

Groundcover Solutions
02-09-2004, 11:49 AM
sorry i am not the best speller, i usualy use the spell checker but when i don't have time i just type and send. On anything important i use the spell thing and then I have someone double check it. I really don't care to much about my spelling on hear as long as it is readable.

Green Finger
02-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Don't worry it's readable. Wish you well with the truck!;)

Groundcover Solutions
02-13-2004, 03:08 PM
Well I fly down/over to Oregon March 1st to pick up the truck. I have a four day training thing to learn the ins and outs of all the trucks features. So the truck will be hear in Canton around march 6. I can't wait!!!:D

Lazer_Z
02-13-2004, 04:53 PM
Groundcover/Matt good luck with the truck

lawnhead
02-13-2004, 07:25 PM
how is that thing going to spit out 3/4 stone?

Groundcover Solutions
02-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Well it spits it out the same as the mulch. the convayer takes it to the augers which sends it to the pneumatic mechanisom. then out to the hose

Bryant
02-13-2004, 08:33 PM
Hey Matt If your looking for really good supplier to fill your new truck you might want to try E & D up in Rose city MI they have some of the best looking mulch around. Good luck with the set up. Are you able remove mulch as well.

Groundcover Solutions
02-13-2004, 10:32 PM
No it can't take the mulch up, but my friend owns a septic business he can suck your mulch up... JK