PDA

View Full Version : Speed

blankenshiplawncare
02-03-2004, 09:53 PM
Has anyone determined a good speed to run your mower with the accelerator on it? I have mine on a 36" Exmark WB. Catching grass I run it full throttle but this winter, trying to bag leafs has been a bear. I blow stuff all around in front of the mower. Now keep in mind that 75% of the leafs are getting picked up. I just hate to have to revisit areas. You'll bear with me this is my first year in business. Still learning the tricks. Kudos to Accelerator, every time I have called I get the owner. If it's not the owner you have some truly dedicated employees.

LawnPerfect
02-04-2004, 12:41 AM
You might check the pitch (front to rear) of your deck. Most recommend a setting of 1/4 to 1/2" (front being lower). That might help with some of the blow out.

PeterA
02-04-2004, 02:06 AM
I have 2 suggestions. First, you might try to put a highlift on the side near the catcher, with a regular blade on the far spindle. Also, if you think you can live with the catcher riding a bit lower in the back, you can use a grinder and remove some steel from the metal lip the catcher hooks over (right under where the hook goes). If you take about a quarter inch of metal off, the rear of the catcher will drop about 1 1/2 inches. This helps the catcher performance (the trade off is that the catcher will get a bit more beat up since it will ride a bit lower).
Hope this helps

Peter.

blankenshiplawncare
02-04-2004, 01:15 PM
I will try the front to rear hight issue. I was unaware of this. I need to pick up leaves in my own yard. Thanks for the help.

LawnPerfect
02-05-2004, 01:04 AM
Sure thing.

Let me know how it works out for you.

If there is anything else just let me know.

Chuck

John Gamba
02-05-2004, 08:26 AM
Try Rapter blades. They will cut down on the blow out and mulch the leaves very well.
Also if you are on a lawn where the grass has stopped growing and there are low spots or bare spots you will get blow out or if your bagger is almost full you will get blow out.
You might want to get the leaf extender, GREAT for fall cleanups and in spring time.
John

blankenshiplawncare
02-05-2004, 11:05 PM
John,

Those are pretty grizzly looking. I would imagine that they would mulch pretty much anything in their path. Will those blades still create descent airflow?

Phil

John Gamba
02-06-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by blankenshiplawncare
John,

Those are pretty grizzly looking. I would imagine that they would mulch pretty much anything in their path. Will those blades still create descent airflow?

Phil
Yes
I have a friend that i sold a TT with a try deck and he only has RAPTER Blades. The new ones are thicker. They are the ones in front.
John