PDA

View Full Version : Please proof read my new website

Soupy
02-07-2004, 09:21 AM
We are almost done with my new site. We will probably swap the top and bottom on the home page. The forms are not activated yet, But the login feature works if you want to try it. I still need to get my logo uploaded to the login page. Also, My designer needs to upload the customer quotes (they are in latin now) still. Other then that is is pretty much done.

Please check it out and let me know how you like it, and if you find any errors.

www.lawn-tek.com

Thanks,
Soupy

kootoomootoo
02-07-2004, 05:08 PM
Great job!

1. Just curious what it cost to have site developed?
2. How much was logo?
3. Hopefully it helps you out someway but I have some work for the guy too.

Soupy
02-07-2004, 05:35 PM
The logo was $100 and the website was $500. The web designer handled everything. All I had to do was give him the text for each page. he uploaded the site and even setup my email accounts and transfered my domain name.He also includes a content management system to edit each page later. Hosting is provided by a friend of the designer for $85 a year, but you can choose any host you want.

The logo was done at www.designoutpost.com

If anyone wants contact info, email me at soupy@charter.net

onymous
02-07-2004, 05:56 PM
I've had many web sites developed and I'm stunned by the quality you achieved for so little money.
The appearance of the web site is great and the information content, flow and presentation is terrific.
To top it all, it loads very fast.
Very well done.

grassguy_
02-07-2004, 10:45 PM
Soupy,
Really an excellent site set up! Very informative and user friendly set -up, like the fact the customer can pull their account info up online too. Shopuld help at keeping a secretary freed to be more productive at other tasks. The only thing I might suggest is to remove the sentences on fertilizer appilcations of twice a year under the turf tip sections and just leave in the amount of N requirements. Poeple mat begin to question your 6 app approach when your tips suggests only fertilizing twice a year. You, and I both know it needs to have N readily available most of the season to help in stress and disease tolerance, but many homeowners will only go back to the statement of 2 times a year. Just my opinion.

Team Gopher
02-09-2004, 08:59 AM
Hi Soupy,

The site looks amazing. I couldn't find any errors.

A note to everyone that reviews his site, Ken uses our Lawnmail (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=SF;f=15)system to allow his customers to log in and review their billing and scheduling info.

Soupy
02-09-2004, 10:32 AM
Thanks Steve, I love the lawnmail feature. Did you recieve my logo ok?

Soupy

Soupy
02-14-2004, 10:14 AM
Ok, I have been getting a few emails about who did my site. The guys name is Jereme and can be contacted at jereme@charter.net and he will give you a quote.

Just let him know that I sent you, so he knows to offer you a similar deal. If you decide to hire him, he will handle everything and commnuicate with you through AIM.

eiretx
03-02-2004, 08:11 PM
Nice site. I would recommend you drop the hyphen in the logo - don't think you need it graphically - would be stronger without it and put the sub title in italics all one color - blue or green.:)

DFW Area Landscaper
03-04-2004, 04:45 PM
Soupy,

That websight is fantastic.

I'm getting ready to get a websight too. The biggest problem I have is that I didn't take any pictures of the work I did last year. A picture is worth a thousand words. And I just don't think I'd feel comfortable using pictures of other peoples work.

Having said all that, I am absolutely clueless as to how to get a websight set up. I've registered my domain name with the company that's doing my web hosting. That's all I've done so far.

Several questions I hope you can help me with:

1.) If I go through designoutpost.com, I have no doubts that their people can design an awesome looking websight. I've already used them to design my logo and door hangers. They were awesome. But the DesignOutpost forum is entitled "templates". Is that the section you went through to get yours done?

2.) If you want to change a sentence on your websight, I'm talking about the plain text portion, do you have to send e-mails to your web guy or do you have the ability to do this yourself? If you're involving your web guy on changes, how much does he charge to change text? If you're able to do text changes yourself, what software are you using? Or do you need special software?

3.) Same question for changing or adding pictures. Do you do it yourself or do you have to involve your web guy?

4.) Lastly, the customer login section is just A-W-E-S-O-M-E. This will absolutely set you apart from competitors. I use Quickbooks for billing. It's taken me over a year to get as comfortable with the software as I am now. I think I'd be reluctant to try and switch to another billing program. Any idea if this can be done with Quickbooks?

That's an awesome looking web sight. Congratulations.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

Soupy
03-04-2004, 05:14 PM
DFW, thanks for the kind remarks.

Design Outpost is for Templates only. You could have a template designed, then hire someone to build the site. Or you can do what I did and hire someone to do it all. The guy I hired is one of Design Outpost's designers. His email is jereme@charter.net He will set everything up. All you have to supply in the text.

He uses a content management system (cms) when building the site. Then later if you need to change something you can login to the CMS and edit text. He shows you how to do all that. Everything is handled through email and AIM. He excepts payment through PayPal.

I use QuickBooks Pro too. he login feature is set up through Gopher schedule and billing software. It has the option of integrating with Quickbooks also. Click on the link in my signature for more info.

art
03-09-2004, 04:03 PM
Really nice site. Loads fast, looks good, easy navigation and plenty of useful information.

Just curious - is there a reason your designer created your pages in PHP instead of HTML? I thought PHP created problems for some of the search engines.

studentlawn
03-10-2004, 02:11 AM
Soupy not only did they do a great job building your site but the guys over at outpost design have also taken the liberty in identifying possible picture theives. I got an email today about my site and your pics. I told them I had your permission, and thanked them for taking good care of their clients.

Soupy
03-10-2004, 02:24 AM
How did they spot them? Can you forward me the email to soupy@charter.net

Thanks,
Soupy