PDA

View Full Version : dingo backhoe

DerikL
02-07-2004, 11:36 AM
I was looking at the toro dingo at the new england grows show yesterday. I am interested if anyone has any experience with the backhoe attachment. It seems like it would be nice for light digging in tight areas. Thanks for the help.

Imow4u2
02-12-2004, 09:54 PM
Local mower shop has one with the loader, It seems to be handy but I would want more work from something wearing that kind of price tag.

In tight areas I use a "spade" It seems to do just fine and was paid for long ago.

Mdirrigation
02-16-2004, 02:18 PM
We rented a dingo to dig a basement under a house , sandy soil and a tight area , it worked fine . The mini skid steers are like buying a man with a shovel .

You can hire another laborer or buy a piece of equipment.
Pros and cons

You can kick the machine
The machine doesnt get hangovers
The laborer complains
The machine cost $25,000 and works for years
The laborer works for $25,000 a year
You can sell the machine for money
The laborer puts his hand out for money
You can get a loan on equipment
The laborer wants a loan

Buy equipment to be more efficent . The dingo is a good machine for what it is designed to do. Dont buy equipment because it looks cool. Buy based on your need or projected need.

UNISCAPER
02-23-2004, 12:35 AM
The best combo for digging is a mini X and a skidsteer. Being able to do a 360° with the macnine is the most timesaving thing about them. A back hoe attachment will get your work done, but if you are going to get into serious digging, stay away from the combo you are consdiering.
I don't like the stand on machines because they are incapable of loading a one ton truck without building a ramp, and the break out force of the bucket is the equivelant of using a plastic sand shovel in your kids toy box.

They might work well in areas with loam or sand for soil, but here we have expansible clay that you need to use dynamite in many cases to get through.