PDA

View Full Version : Portsmouth/Dover NH Area

Ursushorribilus
02-09-2004, 01:38 AM
I'm in the preliminary stages of creating a business - doing research and pricing equipment. Anyone on the site from around here - if so, how much competition and work?

I've visited several of the local equipment dealers in the area, which ones would you recommend? Tony

TomDixie
02-11-2004, 08:07 PM
I have been in this industry for over 10 years in the Manchester area. I am operations manager for a major company here.
After many years of running every other manufaturer out there I had to get involved with Dixie after starting to use them.

GreenMonster
02-11-2004, 08:22 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm in Wakefield, NH were the competition may be a little less intense. Been doing landscape construction on the side for a year or so and I'm getting into maintenance this year. I'm trying to focus around the seven lakes area of wakefield, and eastern side of lake winni.

I've got my front-mount grasshopper for next year through a dealer in Portland, ME. I'm currently searching for a used mid-mount -- Tom, I think I'll give you a call tomorrow.

Horri, send me a PM if you want the low-down on the dealers I've talked to so far. Most of them are more up this way, or into Maine though. Good luck starting up. Feel free to contact me anytime -- I'm in the same boat.
:)

Ursushorribilus
02-12-2004, 12:18 AM
Hi Tom, Mark. I was beginning to think I was the only one from NH on lawnsite. Thanks for responding, good to hear from you. Check your PM's. Tony

TerraVenture
02-25-2004, 01:11 PM
Hi There,
I am from Barrington. I currently work at Heidelberg Web Systems in Drurham. I just do this part time. I do all aspects of lanscaping and grounds maintenance. The only thing I don't and can't do is pesticide applications because I am not licensed yet. I hope sometime in the near future to go fulltime. I hav grown up in this industy. My father has had a landscaping business for 25 plus years and my uncle has been in the business for 30 plus years. I spent my summers in high school and college working for my father and uncle. I am quite knowledgeable in the indusrty when it comes to landscaping but the commercial maintence is new to me because neither my father or uncle have ventured into this area of the industry. I did about 50k last summer and I hope to top 100k this year. I have quite a few jobs lined up know just waiting for the grouned to thaw.

Hope to hear from others in the seacoast area.

GreenMonster
02-25-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by TerraVenture
Hi There,
I am from Barrington. I currently work at Heidelberg Web Systems in Drurham. I just do this part time. I do all aspects of lanscaping and grounds maintenance. The only thing I don't and can't do is pesticide applications because I am not licensed yet. I hope sometime in the near future to go fulltime. I hav grown up in this industy. My father has had a landscaping business for 25 plus years and my uncle has been in the business for 30 plus years. I spent my summers in high school and college working for my father and uncle. I am quite knowledgeable in the indusrty when it comes to landscaping but the commercial maintence is new to me because neither my father or uncle have ventured into this area of the industry. I did about 50k last summer and I hope to top 100k this year. I have quite a few jobs lined up know just waiting for the grouned to thaw.

Hope to hear from others in the seacoast area.

Hey Terra,

I work f/t right now @ OASIS Alignment. We used to do a lot of installation work on your presses. I guess things are slow right now at Hiedleberg, as they are at a lot of press OEM's and the paper industry overall.

I did a retaining wall last fall for a guy that worked at Heidleberg for 30 years.

I also have experience in the construction side, trying to move into maintenance this year. good Luck. Maybe we'll see you out there. Send me a PM if you want to talk more....