PDA

View Full Version : Online Education

CNE
02-09-2004, 07:16 PM
I have been thinking about trying one of the many online education centers for landscaping and/or landscape design. Has anyone tried any of these? If so, which ones, how were they, worth the money, etc? I want to take the Turfgrass Management course at our local college but it's a full time 2 year course and I don't have time to quit work for 2 years. It covers irrigation design and installation, all aspects of turfgrass(sodding, seeding, grading, etc.) Degree would qualify soemone to manage golf courses, grounds maintenance for towns, etc. I just don't have the time. Anyway, was just wondering what you guys thought about it the online training. I'm a little weary about it myself

tiedeman
02-09-2004, 07:27 PM
a lot times the turfgrass courses presented through the college will require you to come into the classroom every now and then. Perhaps try some certifications or home study courses first offered by Purdue, PLCAA, and the University of Georgia.

CNE
02-09-2004, 07:37 PM
The turfgrass course at the college is full time. I was talking about online at home courses through somewhere like PCDI or others.