PDA

View Full Version : Organic Liquid Fertilizer

way to grow
02-09-2004, 10:54 PM
I've been doing a lot of research on organic products and different programs and I came across this product. Have any of you guys used it? What are your thoughts? It is relatively inexpensive compared to other similar products - $16 a gallon.

heritage
02-10-2004, 05:30 PM
Looks like a fish + kelp product. $1.60 per 1000Ft.Sq. cost on turfgrass. These products are generally very good because they have most elements needed by plants and the cytokinins in the kelp make the roots grow like crazy. The only neg thing I can say about fish fert is it tends to be a bit smelly but the plants don't seem to mind. Try 2 gallons per 100 gal water and drench annuals......watch em grow.

Pete D.

DUSTYCEDAR
02-10-2004, 05:39 PM
thanks 4 the heads up on this product

Catmann
03-04-2004, 06:15 PM
Seems fine, but you need to realize that cocktail mixes are much more expensive than the ingreients in them sold separately.

For liquid programs, fish, seaweed, humic acid, and compost tea will provide everything you could ever put into a cocktail mix and cost you less.

There is a short learning curve on rates and mixing, but after that it is certainly not difficult.