PDA

View Full Version : new mower

vadeere
02-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Im new to this website. I have a question for everyone? This pring I plan on going fully legit insurance, taxes( my dad is an accountant). I currently mow 5000k to 60000k properties. I currently have a gt 235 deere and would like add to my collection with another larger mower, for my helper(friend). My current options are as follows:

another used deere 42-48 in deck $1700- $3000

new Cub commercial 52 in wb gear $2400

and one of these http://www.swisherinc.com/50_ztr.html for $3200

thanks for your help

:confused:

jajwrigh
02-11-2004, 11:39 PM
I really like the idea of the 52" wb. I am contemplating a similar purchase for my business later this season. I think they are versatile machines and less money than Zs. Good choice for smaller operations on a tighter budget. You will get a million different opinions on that topic though. Do what works for you.

goodbeus
02-12-2004, 07:53 AM
I maintain 95% residential lawns useing a 52" wb...would not use anything bigger...anything bigger is to big for a lot of situations on a residential lawn...anything smaller, your production goes down...I also use a 36" for gated lawns and tight areas...a perfect set-up:cool:

grass_cuttin_fool
02-12-2004, 08:46 AM
I would go with the walk behind mower, 1- it has a bigger cut, 2-you can add a velke to cover more ground 3- It is new verses a used piece of equipment which there is nothing wrong with used equipment 4- the walk behind may be better on hill sides then the rider, I use both myself a rider and a walk behind

Nitroman
02-12-2004, 01:09 PM
you have to look at what is going to last you the longest and productivity. I did'nt want to spend the money on a ztr but it was worth it. 1) curb hoping is no problem 2) production goes up 3) you are not as tired at the end of the day4) they are like bush hogs. You can't go wrong with a full commercial dixie chopper or Xmark. Do what ever you're gut tells you

good luck