PDA

View Full Version : Trade show in Pa.

workaholic
02-12-2004, 09:20 PM
Are any of you going to the trade show in Monroeville on feb. 24th or 25th?

mmacsek
02-12-2004, 09:46 PM
Where is Monroeville located in the state? Were you ever to this show and how is it? Matt

workaholic
02-12-2004, 10:03 PM
Monroeville is in Pittsburgh the southwest part of Pa. This will be my 7th year going there. Its like any other trade show alot of dealers and industry people, wholesale nursery companys. Recertifacation classes for pest. apps.

Lawn Dog2001
02-12-2004, 10:17 PM
Ill be there. I will be taking pesticide recertification classes most of the time Im there though.

ludwiglawncare
02-12-2004, 10:40 PM
What time is on the 24th and 25th. I live in Ohio, but close to Pittsburgh. Went to the Ohio power show a couple of weks ago, and still thinking about what equip. to go with for the year.

Lawn-N-Garden Guy
02-13-2004, 06:20 PM
I'm from the Altoona area,Where in Monroeville is the show and what time does it start and is there an entry fee, Thanx

jferrantelandscape
02-13-2004, 07:20 PM
Yeah I will be going It is my first year in Business and My first year to this show, I am hoping to find usefull info and usefull people. Will anyone be at the home and garden show at the Convention center in pittsburgh?

workaholic
02-13-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by ludwiglawncare
What time is on the 24th and 25th. I live in Ohio, but close to Pittsburgh. Went to the Ohio power show a couple of weks ago, and still thinking about what equip. to go with for the year. Time is 8 am to 5pm both days...

1MajorTom
02-13-2004, 07:45 PM
I posted this link on the Hustler forum last week.
It will give anyone that is interested in going the info they need including thorough driving directions.

http://www.paturf.org/western.htm

workaholic
02-13-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Lawn-N-Garden Guy
I'm from the Altoona area,Where in Monroeville is the show and what time does it start and is there an entry fee, Thanx It is off pa. turnpike at pittsburgh exit. Take willam Penn hyw. Im thinking west (not sure if west or east) its only about 5 miles from turnpike look for expomart you cant miss it...

workaholic
02-13-2004, 07:53 PM
I will be there on Wensday the 25th ...

StoneDevil
03-10-2008, 10:33 AM
OK who is attending the Home and Garden show in Pittsburgh March 7-16 2008

http://pghhome.com/index.php

Roger
03-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Just as follow to the Westen PA Turf show in Monroeville ... I went again this year. I have been going for at least six years, maybe more. Every year the trade show part gets smaller and smaller. It used to cover the entire one end of the hall, plus the areas between East and West and the connecting hallway. Now, it is only about half of the one side.

The focus is primarily on the golf industry. Most of the exhibitors are marketing to that crowd, not to residential lawn service providers. I always have no problem finding people to talk with all day, but most of them are bored with nobody else at their booth. I used to return home with a large bag of sales materials, this year, I think I came home with three or four pieces. One was the 2008 Toro Commercial products guide.

Some of the booths are staffed with folks who have been their year after year, and we talk again. But, most topics are side-related (great discussion with a man selling lubricating products). The only good discussion I had was with one man in a booth who did work with commercial mower products at his company.

But, the trade show is a mere shell of what it was a few years ago. If I didn't have nothing to do at that time of the year, I would consider it a waste of time.

We were considering the H&G show at the Convention Center, but I can't stand getting to and from. Besides, it sounds like the event is a new target for those obsessed with bomb threat hoaxes -- twice on Friday. I would not be a happy camper if I spent the time to get there, only to be told part way through the visit to leave the building.

Frue
03-10-2008, 12:13 PM
I went to the trade show for about 7 years straight and it is getting smaller and smaller. Last time I attended was 2006 and I had enough. I went to M and R open house in hermitage and it was a good time. Hustler, ferris, exmark, echo, honda, and stihl were there. Good times