PDA

View Full Version : AMSOIL New Product

mosynthetics
02-13-2004, 09:10 AM
For those of you who use AMSOIL's 100:1 premix - they have just announced a new product. Basically they seperated the premix for equipment and outboards - giving each new product specific product applications to better target specific engine types.

The Saber Professional 100:1 Premix is now specifically designed for Chainsaws, Weed Eaters, Blowers, Mowers, etc. It is smokeless, recommended for ISO-L-EGD applications, and contains high temperature detergents for small power equipment with a lean mix ratio preventing plug fouling and exhaust port deposits.

Whereas the Saber Outboard is low smoke, low odor, and contains lower temperature dispersants for water-cooled engines.

AMSOIL will discontinue the old 100:1 premix when supplies run out.

stslawncare
02-13-2004, 09:41 AM
is it on the shelves yet? how much $?

mosynthetics
02-13-2004, 09:48 AM
Forum rules state I can't post prices or solicit customers. For a quart, wholesale prices are the same and retail is a nickel higher.

stslawncare
02-13-2004, 10:01 AM
i apologize, more importantly how do the prices compare to the other brands? and is it on the market yet (available at stores)?

ludwiglawncare
02-13-2004, 10:38 AM
Where does everyone get the amsoil. Have not seen it in stores around here. I defintely want to swich to it. Sounds like alot of people are strong believers in it.

lawnchopper
02-13-2004, 11:27 AM
Where does everyone get the amsoil. Have not seen it in stores around here. I defintely want to swich to it. Sounds like alot of people are strong believers in it.

call Amsoil or go to their website amsoil.com and they can refer you do a store or a independent dealer.

mosythetics.....is this in the latest amsoil monthly magazine?????? Im suprised i have not herd about this yet

AztlanLC
02-13-2004, 12:05 PM
You can also buy directly from them.

I have being using amsoil for over 3 years now and all I can say this stuff is the best out there.

MR. Nomo
02-13-2004, 02:34 PM
It's unfortunate but mosynthetics has been banned from this form........ :(

greendave
02-13-2004, 03:43 PM
He should have known better. In fact, HE warned ME about soliciting business in the forums. For those of you who don't know, Amsoil's phone number is1-800-956-5695. You can buy direct from them...

Richard Martin
02-13-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by MR. Nomo
It's unfortunate but mosynthetics has been banned from this form........ :(

How do you figure? It always says "banned" underneath of a users name if they have been banned. His post was informational and not sales related.

T.E.
02-13-2004, 05:07 PM
It doesn't say banned on his profile! If that was selling I "M John Wayne! That was an informative post. Why don't they crack down on some of these threads that have nothing to do with lawn care? A good portion of the threads on here, at times, are SHORT STORIES, and not helping anyone in anyway. Tony

chuckwk
02-13-2004, 06:30 PM
We have had numerous complaints from members reporting that he had been sending them random PM's about his products.... my guess is that he would search for posts that had anything to do with amsoil and PM members who had replied to those threads.

As far as I know he is not banned... I have not banned anyone lately. Everyone has been 'good' . :)

65hoss
02-13-2004, 06:40 PM
Every green industry forum and car/truck related forum I go to gets hammered by these Amsoil reps. One forum on the oil section has it listed in big letters, NO Amsoil reps. Seems to me they cheapen the image of Amsoil by constantly hammering it. They seem to be like used car salemen seeing a guy come on the lot. I sometimes wonder if its not a Ponzi scheme(pyramid type setup)

xcopterdoc
02-13-2004, 06:53 PM
yeah, I've been to that forum too Hoss... They don't much care for em over there! Also I was getting PM's from Ole Mo about his products. I get enough pop up ads and spam, I don't need it here too.

locutus
02-13-2004, 08:38 PM
I stumbled across Amsoil at a local Ace hardware store. I plan to buy the rest of their old 100:1 pre-mix.

MR. Nomo
02-16-2004, 07:42 AM
I had emailed "MO" about this new product after the begining of this post. He emailed me back saying that he had just been informed that he was "banned" from this site?????

locutus,
I just had bought a case of 8oz bottles.
Now with this new product I was just wondering if I have a case of "old technology" verses the new and improved?

greendave
02-16-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by 65hoss
[ .......... I sometimes wonder if its not a Ponzi scheme(pyramid type setup) [/B]

Amsoil is NOT a Ponzi scheme or a pyramid setup. Each dealer is truly independent, and makes commissions off their own sales and their downline dealers' sales. Some of them have done VERY well with it. If you had gotten into it in the 70's when they first started selling their products you would be making some BIG scratch now.... Definitely not an Amway situation.....

65hoss
02-16-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by greendave
Amsoil is NOT a Ponzi scheme or a pyramid setup. Each dealer is truly independent, and makes commissions off their own sales and their downline dealers' sales. Some of them have done VERY well with it. If you had gotten into it in the 70's when they first started selling their products you would be making some BIG scratch now.... Definitely not an Amway situation.....

Whoa...makes money off their own sales and downline dealer sales also? That is a pyramid. Duh...

Got in during the 70's, yea I guess you would after having thousands of people your getting commissions off of downline. Like a said, pyramid.

Ponzi or pyramids are not all shady or illegal. Some are. Regardless, this is still a pyramid setup.

The other part is you guys bombard all boards like used car salesmen. Guess you feel you must seeing as though so many people are getting a piece of the commissions.

greendave
02-16-2004, 02:58 PM
I stand corrected. What I SHOULD have said is that there is nothing illegal, immoral, or deceptive about how Amsoil goes about their business. In fact, they have pioneered quite a few extended oil change/filtration processes and synthetic lubricants LONG before anyone else had the wherewithal to....and by the way, even though I am a dealer, I don't and won't spam anyone with my wares. I became a dealer long ago so I could buy synthetics for my business as I needed to, not to jump on another money making bandwagon like so many others....

65hoss
02-16-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by greendave
I stand corrected. What I SHOULD have said is that there is nothing illegal, immoral, or deceptive about how Amsoil goes about their business. In fact, they have pioneered quite a few extended oil change/filtration processes and synthetic lubricants LONG before anyone else had the wherewithal to....and by the way, even though I am a dealer, I don't and won't spam anyone with my wares. I became a dealer long ago so I could buy synthetics for my business as I needed to, not to jump on another money making bandwagon like so many others....

Well, now we are in agreement. I have no problem with you being a dealer.

The problem I have is with some that come on these boards and constantly hound people. They give everyone within that group a bad name.

MOW ED
02-17-2004, 07:30 AM
I agree with Hoss on the bombing the boards on sites like this but what also tees me off is the PM's and mailings that try and get you signed. I even had a guy drive 50 miles and knock on my door. I wasn't home but he left his card in the door.

I like the products but I don't want to feel the pressure of having to look at new wares or talk to a "salesman". I buy direct from the factory and leave it at that.

To each his own, be a dealer but know the limits.

sbvfd592
02-17-2004, 07:56 AM
Cool any one find a price yet?? i still have a case to get to b4 i get new but

J&R
02-17-2004, 08:04 AM
I have never used AMSOIL but if they will send me a free trial to mix 5 gallons. I might start buying there product.

odin
02-17-2004, 08:24 AM
Cool any one find a price yet?? i still have a case to get to b4 i get new but

i just ordered a case with my perfered discount it was 36$ shipped for a case.

65hoss
02-17-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by odin
i just ordered a case with my perfered discount it was 36$ shipped for a case.

How much does a case produce? How many gallons of fuel?

greendave
02-17-2004, 03:26 PM
I'm not sure ODIN has it right. I just called Amsoil, as of right now they are only offering the new 2 cycle oils in quart containers, shipped in a case of 12 quarts per case. I was told the preferred customer price was $68.40 per case plus shipping. Thinking I was stupid, I called back and someone else gave me the same price: $68.40 plus shipping. Now, if this is 100:1 mix, 12 quarts of oil times 100 quarts of gas = 1200 quarts of premix = 300 gallons of premix fuel. How does that compare to using a standard mix? Is it cost effective? Since I've never bought standard 2 cycle oil for my stuff I don't know. Let's hear your numbers, guys and gals...

odin
02-17-2004, 05:46 PM
i ordered mine off the web 48 1.5 oz packs of saber 100 to 1 36$ prefered cust discount .. i got a email comfirming the order ..ordered it last thursday ...made a mistake when i ordered and ordered the case with the 48 1.5 oz packs instead of the 12 -8 oz bottles for 27 $.
they sure takeing web orders for it