PDA

View Full Version : How to mount a snow plow to a mower?

Jroctx
02-13-2004, 02:59 PM
We are expecting a blizzard down here in the heart of Texas, need my northern borthas' help! :)

WINTER STORM WATCH TONIGHT FOR THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES: MASON, LLANO, GILLESPIE, BURNET, BLANCO, WILLIAMSON, TRAVIS, HAYS, AND MILAM. A storm system moving into Texas from the Rockies will produce snow late tonight and into Saturday morning. Accumulations of 1-2 inches is possible along the I-35 corridor and over the Hill Country. To the east and southeast of I-35 accumulations of a quarter to three-quarters is possible.

Seriously, this is the equivalent of 10 consecutive 100-degree days in Sue St. Marie, MI!

rodfather
02-13-2004, 03:48 PM
Your best bet would be to pm Frankenscagmachine...lol

bastalker
02-13-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by rodfather
Your best bet would be to pm Frankenscagmachine...lol

Rod......Ya beat me to it!!!;)

Jroctx
02-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Where is Eric, is Jim the last to spot him???

rodfather
02-13-2004, 04:57 PM
He's around...spoke to him twice (pm's) in the last hour or so.

John Gamba
02-14-2004, 03:57 PM
Heres one idea!!

Fareway Lawncare
02-14-2004, 04:43 PM
Like this Mr. Gamba?

Royalslover
02-14-2004, 04:51 PM
"One to two inches"? Drive on it. Two weeks ago we were supposed to get 17" of snow. We got 1". The weathermen aren't idiots. we are for listening to them.

Kingbman1
02-14-2004, 04:56 PM
same here, we were supposed to get 4-8 inches and got 1/2 inch. I was looking forward to making some cash. broke my heart

bastalker
02-14-2004, 05:31 PM
You try an plow 2" of snow here, customers will be out tryin ta flatten yer tires!!!

Now thats a blower Fairway!!:cool:

grassbob
02-14-2004, 06:38 PM
we received 19 inches the day after christmas, and have been receiving on average five to six twice a week since. I didn't beleive the weatherman being how it rained christmas day.

qualitylandscaping
02-14-2004, 07:10 PM
Are the schools and businesses gonna close too???!!!:confused:

1-2" is nothing.. Come visit NY for a few days... I drive behind people all the time that are visiting and are on a 55mph road going 30mph because there is a snowflake in the air.:p

battags
02-14-2004, 08:16 PM
Fareway and John Gamba,

Are those snowblowers for x-mark only? Any aftermarket snow blowers made for other w/b's?

Brian

crawdad
02-15-2004, 08:23 AM
Just get a Gravely walkbehind tractor. Plows, blowers, mowers, tillers, etc. all mount to it.
Crawdad

mdb landscaping
02-15-2004, 09:40 AM
lol......its funny to see a winter storm watch posted for 1-2 inches of snow. here, winter storm watches are only posted for 6 inches or more or a severe ice storm.

Turfdude
02-15-2004, 09:47 AM
You're kidding right 1"-2"? If its dry enough, use a backpack blower for the walks!

John Gamba
02-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by battags
Fareway and John Gamba,

Are those snowblowers for x-mark only? Any aftermarket snow blowers made for other w/b's?

Brian

I'm Not sure? But you ncan ask RAD There number is on Exmarks web.
john

GTLC
02-15-2004, 12:22 PM
Hmm..currenttly I just about finished putting a 48" plow on the front of my Timecutter Z. It was very easy, I just mounted it to the rails the bracket that the deck support rods attach to. I will try to get some pics.

Fareway Lawncare
02-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Hello, Rad blowers & plows are avail. for Gravely, Bobcat, Toro, eXmark & JD.

I would not recommend using the blower or plow on a belt drive unit. Will be trying the broom for spring clean-ups.

kris
02-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Turfdude
You're kidding right 1"-2"? If its dry enough, use a backpack blower for the walks!

Yea ... I thought this post was a joke. Good thing there was a couple of pics posted to make it worthwhile.

crawdad
02-16-2004, 08:37 AM
WE got some snow yesterday, I couldn't make it up on the ridge, had to park at a neighbors house and walk the last mile or so. They finally plowed us out about 3 this morning, and the power came back on at 3:30.
I'll take my Gravely out and plow the snowbanks out of a few driveways this morning. More coffee first.
Crawdad

gogetter
11-28-2004, 12:22 AM
I know it's an old thread, but thought I'd throw this link in here since it's not on Exmarks website anymore (at least not the last time I checked).
I don't know if RAD changed there name to agro-tec or what, but here ya go......

http://www.agro-tec.com./index.html

battags
11-28-2004, 10:02 AM
I know it's an old thread, but thought I'd throw this link in here since it's not on Exmarks website anymore (at least not the last time I checked).
I don't know if RAD changed there name to agro-tec or what, but here ya go......

http://www.agro-tec.com./index.html

Very timely, actually. I was just getting ready to search for that link myself after having a discussion about the RAD attachments.

Has anyone purchased one of the two-stage snow blowers within the last year? How do they work?

Brian

EJK2352
11-28-2004, 12:11 PM
Thats the correct site for RAD attachments. If you look at the lower right side of their home page you will see "WELCOME to AGRO-TEC/RAD"

bob
11-28-2004, 08:08 PM
Here's one for $200! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=71272&item=4340348803&rd=1

Fareway Lawncare
11-28-2004, 10:03 PM
I will be mounting Rad Plows & Blowers to the Walks in the next couple day & will post pics.

Please be advised that Snow Hog Tires are Needed.....WINTER hydraulic Filters are Necessary as are Counter Weights to prevent Skipping and some type of Rubber Edges are Needed on the Plows if Doing any InterLock drives. You will Also Need to Spray Lube Choke Closures to Prevent Freezing on the Kaw's & Kohlers & Pray you have the eXclusive eXmark Cold Start Ring Kit.

Please purchase Rad Products for their incredible on/off ease and well balanced attachments.

Fareway Lawncare
12-01-2004, 03:57 PM
Rad Plow...

Brackets are Welded on the Frames & those Green JD Tractor Weights can Be Added or Removed as Needed...You Need at least 1 On at all Times....

Rad Plows angle from The Plow so Arms are Attached for Operator Angling...

Rad Should Have both those Features Standard...as Well as Operator Spout Control on the Blowers...Otherwise They're Sweet Units.

dishboy
12-01-2004, 06:04 PM
Rad Plow...

Brackets are Welded on the Frames & those Green JD Tractor Weights can Be Added or Removed as Needed...You Need at least 1 On at all Times....

Rad Plows angle from The Plow so Arms are Attached for Operator Angling...

Rad Should Have both those Features Standard...as Well as Operator Spout Control on the Blowers...Otherwise They're Sweet Units.

How much cash you have to give to own one of those plows, BTW nice set ups!

captaingreen
12-01-2004, 08:16 PM
I will be mounting Rad Plows & Blowers to the Walks in the next couple day & will post pics.

Please be advised that Snow Hog Tires are Needed.....WINTER hydraulic Filters are Necessary as are Counter Weights to prevent Skipping and some type of Rubber Edges are Needed on the Plows if Doing any InterLock drives. You will Also Need to Spray Lube Choke Closures to Prevent Freezing on the Kaw's & Kohlers & Pray you have the eXclusive eXmark Cold Start Ring Kit.

Please purchase Rad Products for their incredible on/off ease and well balanced attachments.

WINTER hydraulic filters? I'll be using my rider with a plow, could you advise me on what type of hydro filter and oil to use? I have a Scag Tiger Cub, I put a 5' plow on.

Fareway Lawncare
12-01-2004, 08:34 PM
eXmark winter hydro filters part #523541 - Don't Know about Scag...They have Larger Sleeve perforations to Allow Better flow in eXtreme Cold....

gogetter
12-01-2004, 11:49 PM
Fareway, how do you like that Toro Snow Commander?

P.S. Check your PM's when ya get a chance.

Fareway Lawncare
12-02-2004, 06:20 PM
Snow Commanders are King of Single Stage Blowers !

The Commander & all Toro Blowers w/2cycle Duraforce will be History neXt year just Like the Now Defunct Proline/Suzuki's....The Enviro Nuts have Killed another Classic.