PDA

View Full Version : Walker GHS stripe kit???

Critical Care
02-13-2004, 03:17 PM
I know... you don't need a striping kit with the Walker, but I'm curious if anyone using a GHS, or other similar mowers like the SCAG Cougar, have ever installed something to stripe on their mowers. Though with the rear discharge it seems as if it wouldn't be easy to do, it nevertheless would be interesting to try, eh?

dkeisala
02-13-2004, 06:05 PM
I have a Walker GHS - with a striping kit attached, wouldn't it have to be attached in front of the rear wheel and affect the finished look of the lawn?

Critical Care
02-13-2004, 10:45 PM
Do you say that you have one? I was just assuming that something like a long rubber flap could be mounted on the back side of the deck.

dkeisala
02-14-2004, 01:29 AM
I'm sorry, just re-read the post and it made it sound as if I have a striping kit but I don't. I was just wondering how you would mount it and if the rear wheel wouldn't ruin the effect. Plus, the Walkers are known for the unique striping pattern that the 3 wheels provide.

Critical Care
02-27-2004, 05:21 PM
Just got back from Venezuela... a bit late on this thread. Perhaps the question now is if there are people using striping kits with any ztr single rear wheel mower. For sure I would assume that the rear tire would have some kind of effect on any striping, but maybe with a striping kit that 3-wheel stripe pattern could be a bit more "smoothed out". Hmm... would be interesting.

gardenpro
02-27-2004, 10:44 PM
Maybe it's because striping isn't standard in maintenance here, but I have been more than impressed with my Walker's "striping". You can see pics of my lawns at my website, www.gardenprowhistler.com. You could get it much better, I had just bought the mower when these pics were taken. I just don't see much of a point.

Critical Care
02-27-2004, 11:08 PM
Gardenpro... what a lovely area you get to work in! I'm also a bit lucky as far as that goes being down here in another large ski area. I bet you have a tough time mowing straight lines when your eyes are on the mountains, eh?