PDA

View Full Version : Edging for free

Nitroman
02-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Some of my first customers got edging for free, it probably saves me time and money in the long run thow on the small 1/4 lots.

Thoughts?:confused:

65hoss
02-13-2004, 05:59 PM
Shouldn't this have been adding into your original price? You only edge when they pay you extra?

tx_angler
02-13-2004, 06:34 PM
Free? FREE? I quit working for free when I was 14 and found out they'll pay me to work!

precisioncut
02-13-2004, 06:35 PM
I always edge walks for free-it takes no time at all. It's included in the price-no extra.

Evan528
02-13-2004, 06:36 PM
I gotta second what Hoss said...... This should be figured into your mowing price from the begining. If you are giving people a seperate price for edging its confusing to them....

MudslinginFX4
02-13-2004, 07:17 PM
I want do a yard unless they will let me do the whole deal... mow, edge, trim, blow. IMO it's better advertising for me. I've never had a person tell me no.

olderthandirt
02-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by tx_angler
Free? FREE? I quit working for free when I was 14 and found out they'll pay me to work!

I edge for free and I trim for free I mow for free and I even fert for free. I just charge a whole heck of alot to show up:D

Mac

Zach76
02-13-2004, 07:34 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by olderthandirt
I edge for free and I trim for free I mow for free and I even fert for free. I just charge a whole heck of alot to show up:D

Mac [/QUOTI

I bet it's worth every penny too. LOL:D

broken leg
02-13-2004, 08:05 PM
I will not do a yard with out edging and blowing because the people that see you do the yard do not know that you are not getting paid to edge and blow. They just think you do bad work.

R&K Ent.
02-14-2004, 01:29 AM
Are we confused about egding. I thought you were talking about using a egding machine aroung concrete walks and drives. Like cut a half inch wide, 1.5 deep groove along walks so you don't have to TRIM(weed eat,wack,whatever YOU call using a string trimmer).

Can someone clear this up for us?

paponte
02-14-2004, 01:41 AM
Edging is always included in our maintenance price. If the edge is overgrown, and hasent been don in a while, i will charge a one time additional fee to get the edge in shape. :cool:

work_it
02-14-2004, 01:52 AM
I charge more for the initial cut of each season, or for a new client, if I need to use an edger. After that it can easily be maintained with the string trimmer. I don't do anything for free. Do you think the equipment just pays for itself, or the dealer is just going to give me one because he's a good guy? The day he does that I'm going to the hospital on a stretcher; cause I'll fall over dead in my tracks!

stslawncare
02-14-2004, 09:43 AM
free? whats that? that word does not exist in my vocabulary. on a serious note i either add it to the original price or charge extra. some customers dont want it done at all. some every week, some every other week and some once a month. if its every week i include it in the price if its not i charge extra. best of luck

tiedeman
02-14-2004, 12:18 PM
edging is an additional charge on top of the lawn maintenance