PDA

View Full Version : Walker talk?

workaholic
02-13-2004, 09:18 PM
I know that this thread has been talked about over and over, but I have been using a w.b with a bagger on some propertys and im tired of emptying it every couple feet and most of the propertys are a little hilly so you guys that run them are they capable of operating on hilly areas. we also use z masters for just flat out mowing and as you guys know z masters dont have that deck that follows the ground like the walker so should i stick with the wb. or go walker?

Royalslover
02-13-2004, 10:24 PM
The Walker stinks on "hills". It just depends on how steep it is. It can go up and down OK but not sideways. That being said I would never be without my Walker. If you're bagging a lot it is the only way to go.

thrice
02-14-2004, 01:12 PM
I'll agree that the walker is the only way to go for bagging. When my spring clean-ups are done I take the catcher box off and put the optional "dump box" on. The reduced weight makes my machine handle like a completely different machine, handling much better up, down and even sideways on hills.

Kelly & Sons
02-14-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Royalslover
The Walker stinks on "hills". It just depends on how steep it is. It can go up and down OK but not sideways. That being said I would never be without my Walker. If you're bagging a lot it is the only way to go.

Basically, what he said...

Although, if the ground is dry... I can normally use my Walker on the hills/slopes. It will go up & down just about anything, but side to side can be tricky.....

The GHS is the only way to go for bagging & picking up leaves.

Huften Lawn Care
02-14-2004, 02:25 PM
Get the optional tail-wheel lock for the rear wheels. I go side to side on lawns a z would never make it up. You must know the capabilities of your mower.

dkeisala
02-14-2004, 02:42 PM
Over 90% of the riders in my area are Walkers. Our grass types and mowing conditions demand bagging. The compact design of the Walker fits nicely in the trailer without taking up excess room, it's very nimble and manuverable on lawns and overall a very versatile machine for us.