PDA

View Full Version : Which baggers do I need?

Bull
02-14-2004, 12:57 AM
Peter, these post have convinced me that you sell a good product. If not they would eat you alive on here. I have seen one at my dealer but never used one. My questions are: What is the part number needed for a 48" Exmark Turf Tracer and which would you recommend the regular or large model?

Also the same questions above for my Dixie Chopper XT3000?

I don't bag a lot but when I need to I like the option of converting over fast.

From what I can tell, if you looked up Customer Satisfaction in the dictionary, there would be you're picture.

PeterA
02-14-2004, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the nice compliment. I was a landscape maintenace contractor for 20 years so I am very used to customer service issues, they practically define a lawn care business.
For your exmark you can use the GCEX or GCEXXL. Exmark has made the openings on all their mowers roughly the same, from the 32 inch all the way to the 72. Therefore the catchers will fit all of them (the only exception is the 44 inch rider which has an over wide rear tire) A 48 inch deck is right at the crossover point where people go from the regular size bagger up the the Jumbo. The 48 is plenty big to handle the Jumbo, it is just a matter of how much weight you want to lift when it is full. Grass clippings weigh anywhere from 7 to 12 pounds per cubic foot, so you can figure around 60-65 LBS for the regular catcher and 85-90 for the Jumbo (empty weight is 17-18 for the regluar and 23-24 for the Jumbo). If the grass is dry the weight will be less- I am using around 10 pounds per cubic foot for this. Leaves of course will be less. If you get the Jumbo you may be able to adapt the chopper to take the exmark style catcher. If you give me a call I could give you some advice on this. We do have a seperate unit for the chopper (GCDI or GCDIXL) but you may want to save some money and just buy one catcher you could use for both mowers.

locutus
02-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Bull, I have a 36" exmark and I need every bit of my gcexxl. If you have a 48" I think you will regret not going with the larger catcher. My accelerator is one of the best purchases I made last year. Buy one and dont look back.

Bull
02-17-2004, 01:48 AM
I believe I will follow your advice along with Peter's comments that the one may be able to fit both my WB and ZT.