PDA

View Full Version : Setting up of spray tanks and booms on Z's?

Tonyr
02-15-2004, 06:05 PM
Has anyone got pics of how they have done this?

In the past I used the catcher on my Toro Z355 to house a 100Lt tank, in 2 days I get my Z588E Toro midmount so I was wandering how you guys set the tank up or whether you towed it in a cart?

Thanks,

lbmd1
02-16-2004, 08:28 AM
Tony,
check out the link below for some pics of my sprayer along with others who did the same thing.

Mike

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48914

Avery
02-16-2004, 09:44 AM
Easy to do man. I have one I use on the back of mine. Just fabricate a mount out of angle iron and use existing holes on the rear frame. I would get you some pics. but the mower is in storage and we just got 4" of snow last night!

Tonyr
02-16-2004, 06:14 PM
Thanks fellas!

I have heard of some making a frame that allows the tank to be mounted on the front of the mower, like the tank would sit close to your shins, reason being low centre of gravity and keeping more weight in front opposed to behind the seat for safety.

Love those set ups, having so much weight so high behind the seat I would of thought would give you some scary moments, obviously these machines can handle it so I think I can make a suitable frame quite easily.

Again, thanks and great pics!

Gee Avery, your winter is long....that's a lot of snow in 1 night!
How's your new Z goin? Oppps, I spose with such amounts of snow you haven't even had a chance to have a play on it?

Take care you blokes!

Hey, ya need a holiday down here to thaw out!