PDA

View Full Version : Lawn care location storage/shop

LawnsRUsInc.
02-15-2004, 09:50 PM
I was wondering who here that owns a landscape co. where do you store your equip. I used to do a barter system from a near by commerical property and stored for free. Well as time went on the services to barter kept getting more than at first. I have been looking in the paper for storage etc.. no luck so i was thinking of talking with so near by farmers for storage. Does anyone here that does lawn care do this or where did they find a location/shop for equipment.

Much needed advice
Jason

NCSULandscaper
02-15-2004, 09:56 PM
I had a shop built to store all equipment, and 1 trailer. Then we have an outdoor storage yard for the truck and other trailer, supplies, etc.

dkeisala
02-15-2004, 10:44 PM
I run everything out of my home. I bought a house that had a covered 2 stall RV parking area with a concrete pad next to to two car garage. Also have a 10' x 12' storage shed directly behind the RV area, the whole thing is sorrounded by chain link. Would like to have it enclosed one day when i get the money.

jajwrigh
02-15-2004, 10:54 PM
I just one side of our garage! I live with my parents so I gotta utilize what I can.

hortboy
02-15-2004, 10:55 PM
I did the same thing you are doing now when I started up. One thing you need to consider is figure out how much time is involved in your barter and is it cost effective to move. for me I ended up staying an extra year and banking the money i would have spent on rent.
You have alot options, those metal pole barns are reasonable and you put them on a bed of crushed stone(saves on the taxes-not a permanent structure). I personally waited for our county tax auction and picked a property at rock bottom prices-granted it's not a show room but for what i currently have invested it has paid for itself in tow years. Also I still have an old eighteen wheeler box I stored equipment in it works great and it can be moved if need be.

WeatherMan
02-15-2004, 11:49 PM
If you have room on your property build a shop. I had a house built several years ago and I bought 4 arcres of woods behind me that had access to a major road so it was easy to get zoned commercial. Had my shop built on that land. It could have not worked out better

Lux Lawn
02-16-2004, 02:47 PM
I store everything in my garage and Shed,I would like to replace my shed with a pole barn soon.

trimmerhead
02-16-2004, 03:59 PM
I rent a building here. Many farmers in my area rent out their barns or part of them. Just ask around. Eventually i will be buying some land and put up a building but for now im quite satisfied.