PDA

View Full Version : Fabric bagger for WB?

fga
02-16-2004, 12:41 PM
Is there such a thing as a fabric bagger for a walk behind mower? Something like a side discharge bag on a lawn boy 21", only bigger to use on a 32"/ 36" WB.

PaulJ
02-16-2004, 12:58 PM
There are. MOst manufacturers make fabric bags that mount to a BIG plate on the side of the deck. I think jungle jim makes one that hangs from a bracket on the handles.

But why would you want a cloth bag? I have used cloth bags and steel mesh (Grass Gobbler) and now the Accelerator aluminum mesh. The Accelerator is the best but the grass gobblers are good also. The Aluminum is light and still strong but the steel is less expensive. The problem with the cloth is that it catches everything. even the smallest pieces and dust and the cloth can clog up especially when damp. This robs the airflow and also fills faster. I am even thinking about getting Accelerator bags for my 21" mowers.

BrianK10
02-16-2004, 01:02 PM
Stick to the aluminum or steel bags. They're worth it.

Brian

Blades of Steel
02-16-2004, 01:09 PM
PaulJ,

I have a couple of JD JX85's I would love to have a couple for. Too bad we couldn't get a bunch of guys here from lawnsite to order a huge amount of them and get a price break. HEHEHEHEHE!!!!!

I have on for my 36" Dane and it is awsome. A little dusty at times but works great even in the we stuff.

Tim

Five Star Lawn Care LLC
02-16-2004, 01:40 PM
we only collect clipping on one of the propertys we cut....it is a 5-7 acre condo complex with tiny little front yard where there is more planting beds then grass and i dont like to get any grass in the beds....we use the cloth bags b/c you can get closer to thing like tree rings and stuff like that ...plus if there does happen to be a big hieght differance between the contrete and grass then you dont have to worry about a big metal bagger gouging the grass.....the only drawback is the big plate that has to be mounted to the mower, but you get used to it.

Lux Lawn
02-16-2004, 02:19 PM
I have never used them but friends of mine have and like them it seems hard to dump grass from the big opening into a plastic or paper bag.Now if your dumping in a truck I bet it would be nice.