PDA

View Full Version : cell towers

jason11zz
02-16-2004, 05:20 PM
Does anyone know anything about the bids for cell phone towers

44toy
02-16-2004, 06:29 PM
around here they really dont do any mowing etc. I know two guys that have them on there land and one of them I would not even bushhog around. maybe on bigger ones they do.

TreffertLawnWrx
02-16-2004, 07:04 PM
To much of a hassel. I was going to put a bid in for some in the Twin Cities! but they want before and after pictures taken at every site, only mowed 1 a month,... this would be for about 35 towers @ 45 a piece. Thats only $1575 for alot of dive time and BS.

BSDeality
02-16-2004, 07:11 PM
$1600 isn't enough for you? if you're not already in the area the towers are in it'd give you a foot in the door to expand into their areas. its another $90/day (2 a day) in revenue. The other option is you could save them for rainy days when you can't rut up residential/commercial lawns.

Buy a digital camera ($100) and snap a picture, download to computer. its pretty simple.

jason11zz
02-16-2004, 07:30 PM
Yea im still debating on putting in a bid in seems like a hassle

pcnservices
02-16-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by TreffertLawnWrx
only mowed 1 a month,... this would be for about 35 towers @ 45 a piece. Thats only $1575 for alot of dive time and BS

Originally posted by BSDeality
Buy a digital camera ($100) and snap a picture, download to computer. its pretty simple.

To invest a $100 just to show the untrusting customer proof that you actually did mow their lawn as you have shown on your invoice is also BS IMO!

Get 2 residentials at $25 each and mow them 35 times = $1750 not to mention all the extra work you can get out of these lawns like aeration, edging, etc., etc., = $$$

PC

BSDeality
02-16-2004, 09:38 PM
its not like the digital camera couldn't be used for other purposes....

celltech
02-16-2004, 11:36 PM
All of the towers my company (the cell compnay I work for) are done by one guy (about 300 towers) here in michigan. This guy has been doing it forever. He gets about 3-4 cuts in each year I think. Just when us techs think our sites are being over run with grass/weeds....he gets back around to it. The pictures thing is really silly and a waste a time. If our sites aren't plowed in the winter and cut in the summer, we call the boss and he proceeds to make calls. Sometimes he does have us double check to make sure things are done though. I have talked to this guy before and that is pretty much what he does all summer. Travel, mow, hotel, mow, travel....you get the idea.