PDA

View Full Version : Gravely 48 new purchase-question

kmeforou
02-16-2004, 08:20 PM
I just bought a 48" walk behind today. My question is " Does the mulcher do a better job than one without the kit. I would like feedback from those that use the mulcher and those that don't. I have been told the kit will cost about 130.00. Thanks for your responses.

spin2098
02-16-2004, 08:59 PM
I have a gravely 48in walk behind and don't use the mulching kit. The way it cuts and looks is super. I would not waste my money on the kit. Even in super high grass it looks like it has been bagged.

GBCS
02-17-2004, 10:21 AM
Which Gravely did you buy, gear, hydro, Pro Steer?

I had the mulch kit installed mainly because I did not want to worry about getting grass in flowerbeds plus the benefits of mulching. Also it is cheaper than a chute cover. If you do buy one you can always take it off if you don't like the results.

kmeforou
02-17-2004, 08:04 PM
I got the gear prosteer.I got it at a very good price. It was a carryover from last year and I was able to purchase for 2799.00. Did you ever try your unit without the mulch kit? I am going to try without the mulch kit first. I will make two passes away from the beds to prevent grass from getting into them. Thanks again for your responses. Also, you did not mention how well the mulch kit worked. Does it do well when the grass is wet. This information would be of great benefit to me.

GBCS
02-17-2004, 10:55 PM
I'm still waiting for the grass to grow to try out the mower and mulch kit. Everyone says the Gravely cut is great so I am expecting the mulch kit to offer good results. :D