PDA

View Full Version : is this a scam

hortboy
02-16-2004, 09:41 PM
guys, i was doing alittle market research and came across this website. tell me what you think. www.mow2nd.com I would be very cautious is i was shelling out the money.

FFMED74
02-16-2004, 09:53 PM
Hmmmm weird, wish I'd have thought it up!!!! Seriously I have a problem with paying for that type of stuff. Maybe it works for someone else, but I am too hard headed to do it the easy way..LOL I need the bumps and bruises to learn.

FFMED74
02-16-2004, 09:55 PM
Also terms like "you can't go wrong", "my system", Feel like I am up real late watching an infomercial LOL(If I had a TV , but that is a different story).

lawnman_scott
02-16-2004, 09:57 PM
$4000 worth of stuff and 20-40 customers? seems like alot of money to me.

hortboy
02-16-2004, 11:02 PM
I want to know what there marketing angle is to get so many customers so fast?

Let it Grow
02-16-2004, 11:55 PM
It's got scam written all over it. I don't doubt that it can be done, but not everyone can do it.
I guarantee that most of the people who send this guy money will not make $50,000 in their first year.

BULLGRAZER
02-17-2004, 12:26 AM
I have certainly done my share of throwing good money after bad...I'm reminded - IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE - QUIT LISTENING!

N-E--X---T would be my advice.

-=KC=-

gogetter
02-17-2004, 11:19 AM
I see that they offer just the training for $5,000 to people that already have equipment.
The whole time I'm reading it (the parts about getting 10-20 customers DAILY without advertising), I'm figuring that it's just going door to door. But in the FAQ section, it says it's not door to door.

Hmmm, no advertising, no door to door. What's left? I can't think of any way to get 10-20 customers daily without advertising or going door to door.

But the guy's going to come to your home to train you and collect the 5 g's, he better be coming with something that actually works!

Oh well, I like his truck anyway. Anyone in Charlotte, NC ever see him around?

Pecker
02-17-2004, 11:36 AM
On the pictures page, a guy is trimming without safety glasses. Maybe he can show me how to do that. What a pro! There went his credibililty with me.

P&C Lawn Care
02-17-2004, 11:40 AM
Looks like a scam for out of work people who have never been in the green industry. "WOW, it looks so easy, I will be a millionaire soon" If it looks too good to be true I am sure it is.

WeatherMan
02-17-2004, 12:15 PM
WOW what a money maker.

brucec32
02-17-2004, 12:28 PM
Wow, a fixed deck belt drive wb. How generous of them. : )

J&R
02-17-2004, 01:14 PM
They will come to your house. How he gets you 10-20 yards. He goes around and tell your nabors here's 10 bucks i have a guy that will cut your yard for free 1 time. It's up to you if you want him to keep cutting your yard and charge you. Just a guess.

studentlawn
02-17-2004, 01:36 PM
A problem I found. Look at the lettering on his Isuzu truck. In the real picture, there is no lettering, you can tell he put that there digitally with photoshop or something. So if he is so successfull a)why isnt his own truck lettered b)why is his website so cheesy, mabye becuase he couldnt hire a true website designer.

P&C Lawn Care
02-17-2004, 04:25 PM
I agree cheesy website, can't afford to have it done professionally.

locutus
02-17-2004, 04:31 PM
This has crap smeared all over it.

hunter
02-17-2004, 04:49 PM
I admit I'd never send him money. but I blew up the pic on his truck. It's real you can see where a tree went right down the side and scratched the logo and the truck.

At least his truck is real or at least looks like it.

DUSTYCEDAR
02-17-2004, 05:05 PM
sounds like a scam to me

NCSULandscaper
02-17-2004, 05:36 PM
Believe me the only person making money is the guy thats offering that crap. Stay away!

aries
02-17-2004, 05:55 PM
Don't believe it jerks like this prey on people who are excited about starting out everybody in this business knows how hard it is to establish you costumers! advertise is the key and dedication to your work. might not bring you $50k first year but you will get their just keep cutting.
What an ass!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Joe

gogetter
02-17-2004, 05:56 PM
In an e-mail he said he will offer a money back guarantee.
Take it for what it's worth.

greenback
02-17-2004, 07:20 PM
12 grand, i got much more than that. truck, trailer, 2 mowers, trimmer, 2 blowers, all tools, tarps, barrells. plus i had 30 customers. start it up yourself.

Hawkeye5
02-17-2004, 07:37 PM
Bovine deification!

PLI1
02-17-2004, 07:41 PM
Maybe this guy couldn't cut the mustard selling Amway, so he's trying now to sucker in some LCO wanna be's. Shame on anyone dumb enough to fall for this one!

hortboy
02-17-2004, 09:08 PM
I e-mailed the guy to dig alittle deeper on his "program" he spoke very vague and never even tried to sell me the program. just told me about how if the information was free he'd be out of business. For those of you who watch e-bay he put out a tiny book on his theory. It cost $19.95. I purchased it and read it and was not impressed. Once he e-mailed me back and I saw who it came from I went to my file and dug out his tiny book.
guys his program will get customers but it involves a method of door hangers that saves you the cold calling afterwards but it does not stress return business or seasonal customers.

Coffeecraver
02-17-2004, 09:55 PM
check the BBB for complaints

TheKingNJ
02-18-2004, 12:28 AM
I emailed the guy and sent him a link to this form i was just wondering what his feedback would be on this.

I was kinda hoping he would post something on lawnsite but he just emailed me back.

I don't think he understands that he looks like a joke

his email V********************************************
Thanks, I was wondering were people were talking about me. I think it's
>great, and people have every right to feel the way they do. Yeah I'm in
>this to make money, who isn't. I'm also here to help people as well.
>
>I like the comment that my truck is fake, that was funny. To bad I hit tree
>limbs from time to time. One guy had the picture blown up and seen the tree
>marks.
>
>I think it's amazing that I created such a stir with my website. I think if
>people were in my shoes and they created a good way to generate customers.
>They would do the same thing.
>
>Thanks for posting the link for me.
>
>Chris

TheKingNJ
02-18-2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by ******
On the pictures page, a guy is trimming without safety glasses. Maybe he can show me how to do that. What a pro! There went his credibililty with me.

I also like how the guy is working in windpants and nice white shoes. If i weed whacked in wind pants and got hit by a rock i wouldn't be too happy and if I worked in nice white shoes like that, they would be bright green before i finished my first lawn.

I also like the "Training Package" for only 5 grand he will show you the ropes. Something you could be doing making money working for a legit landscaper. He probally just makes you mow his accounts while he stands there drinking a coke.

But anyway the "Training Package" is 5,000. now take that 5,000 and subtract it from the 12,000 for the training and the equipment and you just paid 7,000 for about 3,800 in equipment.

Hey I don't blame the guy. I'd teach someone all i know in 3 days for 5k. I just wish I had the skills to trick people into paying that.
I wonder if he works with turf diese and weed control?

Lawnsmith7
02-18-2004, 04:10 AM
I Think this is a big scam...I live in Charlotte and have seen the truck at McDonald's but fair as a big rush to the program NO....it is a large number of lawn services here, but I haven't heard of this program he's offering...I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that's a lot of money to start with... I started out last year and it didn't cost me $12k...I'm trying to make that not blow it....

Lawnsmith7
02-18-2004, 08:25 AM
I live in Charlotte...and have see the truck but it's just like any other truck...this is a scam that contact address is an apartment complex....I used to live there....this is a Subway 12" water sandwich...lol...I asked around and nobody knows about this and there are alot of lawn services here in Charlotte... but you here of no one trying to hussle $12k to start a lawn service unless you are buying your own equipment...I'm trying to make $12k not give it away to someone that's ripping me off:mad: :p