PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on the back of my tee shirt design

Gilla Gorilla
02-16-2004, 10:07 PM
If you all can let me know what you think about the
design for the back of my shirts that would be great.
I am getting the size of the name a little bigger and the
phone number a little smaller.

Thanks
Justin

Gilla Gorilla
02-16-2004, 10:13 PM
sorry still trying to get the pic up in this post
Is anyone else able to view it yet?

BSDeality
02-16-2004, 10:34 PM
save it as a .jpg

Gilla Gorilla
02-16-2004, 11:41 PM
lets try one more time

Gilla Gorilla
02-17-2004, 12:06 AM
maybe this time

dkeisala
02-17-2004, 12:15 AM
Mow me over - I love it! That is a name people will remember and give them a little chuckle at the same time. I like the shirts lots.

battags
02-17-2004, 01:17 AM
Looks great! Are you planning on keeping it on red shirts? Stands out, that's for sure.

Brian

kelly Lawn
02-17-2004, 01:51 AM
I like that it is big stcks out and doesn't have any clutter. Just the basics on shirts.

promower
02-17-2004, 03:43 AM
Nice look, catchy too.

JimLewis
02-17-2004, 05:09 AM
I think the name is okay. But a phone number on the back of your T-Shirts? What's the point? Do you really expect to have people trying to move their head back and forth the catch the rythm of your motions so they can read your phone number and give you a call?

If that's your big marketing strategy - to get lots of calls off of the back of your T-shirts - I am sorry but I have to say you should probably re-think your strategy. I doubt anyone would ever bother to take down a number from the back of some worker's T-shirt.

On trucks, yes. On Trailers, yes. On flyers, yes. Phone number everywhere. But on the back of T-shirts????

Your company name on the back of T-shirts makes sense. People see it. Helps them figure out who you and your workers are. Builds name recognition. But I just don't get the phone number thing.

upsondown
02-17-2004, 07:07 AM
I'd have to disagree with Jim on this one. I think the layout is great - phone number and all. I'd go with it ! Myself - I might go with a cream color with dark green lettering - but that's just me - since those are our company colors..

upsondown
02-17-2004, 07:09 AM
Hey Gilla..... I noticed - after I posted that you're in Manassas Park.....I'm not all that far from you - any suggestions on good equipment dealers in your area? I will be glad to share names of some around here....in case ya need to know.

Mikes Lawn Landscape
02-17-2004, 07:46 AM
The red looks good just wondering about sweat when I wear darker colors the sweat creates white streaks all over the shirt.

Can anybody suggest colors other than white or off white that wont look like I been rolling around in flour all day.

By the way the shirt looks great the phone # probably won't help any but it cant hurt. If it saves a buck or two get rid of the phone #

The only negative comment I'll make is "Quality work at a fair price" when I see comments like that I tend to say ok what I'm really gonna get is "Crappy work at an inflated price" but I tend to be pretty skeptical about stuff like that.

MOW ED
02-17-2004, 07:58 AM
I like the MOW part.

Nice shirt.

sbvfd592
02-17-2004, 09:00 AM
MOW ME OVER i love it! the red looks killer

thfireman
02-17-2004, 10:26 AM
I use tan or earth tone color shirts and the sweat marks wont show as bad. Also the lighter colors help reflect the sun so I dont get as hot.

Nice design. I tried a phone number on my shirts for a while but never had anyone call because of the shirt. However what would it hurt to have the number on there? It wont hurt at all.

I now just use a left side chest logo for a cleaner look. See my logo in the avatar to the left...

DLCS
02-17-2004, 10:33 AM
I think your shirts look great. I'd leave the phone number on, like someone else said," whats its going to hurt". I put my phone number on the back of mine.:)

Gilla Gorilla
02-17-2004, 10:40 AM
Thanks for all of the replies. I am thinking of going to a
grey shirt in the summer time but I am going to wait and see how
much hotter the red shirt will be. I am thinking of getting the phone number a little smaller though.

upsondown, what type of equipment dealer are you looking for?
I have heard that there is a nice dealer just down there off of
Rt 29

1MajorTom
02-17-2004, 11:14 AM
The red looks sharp, but there is one drawback with using such a bright color. It will fade a lot from the sun.

I disagree with Jim Lewis though.
We just ordered 36 more shirts for this season, and I changed what the logo would say on the back.
This time I did include the phone number.

Why? Well surely not because I expect people to walk around with a pen and paper and copy our phone number down as we walk around.

It's all about name recognition. And where you are located goes hand in hand with name recognition. People will not only associate your name, they will also remember where you are from.

And a simple phone number will immediately tell people if you are located in the same area that they are from. People like to know where a company is from... So say you are out at Lowes or Home Depot walking around with your t-shirt on..........having John Doe's Landscaping on a back of a shirt means nothing to people. Add the phone number, and that little number will tell people if they should even bother to remember your name. Why should they even remember a company's name that isn't even in their area should they need work done?

Soupy
02-17-2004, 12:37 PM
I agree, leave the # on. I am having shirts made now with # included. Like Jodi said, You might be at a store etc. and someone sees your shirt. You never know, they might just write that # down. I don't think they would have to follow you around. They should be able to read the # just as easy as the name.

I'm using a yellow gold shirt and having my logo on the left breast and logo with # on the back. I'm also having a yellow gold 6 panel hat (similar to Nike) with my Logo embroidered on the front. The setup for embroidery is $75. but every hat I order after that is $14.49.

Soupy

homerescue
02-17-2004, 07:34 PM
How about just saying QUALITY WORK or something like PROFESSIONAL SERVICE. Not everyones idea of fair price is the same, I know my idea of fair price wasn't till I got into my own business and started paying taxes insurance gas fees b&o, know what i mean, and don't forget equipment prices the good, efficient equipment ain't cheap.

captaingreen
02-17-2004, 07:38 PM
I like the name, catchy and easy to remember.