PDA

View Full Version : Help with adjustment of JD walk behind

matthew horner
02-17-2004, 12:37 AM
I have an older (maybe around 1995) model john deere walkbehind. Its not belt, and the drive looks like a transmission, but I assume its hydro. I am trying to adjust its tracking/sensitivity etc. Any ideas, any help. I'm pretty handy, but would like to know where to start with this.
Thanks

matthew horner
02-17-2004, 12:42 AM
I tried to add pic, but can't seem to for some reason. Message keeps saying its to big. How do I reduce file size for a pic.
Thanks

JKOOPERS
02-17-2004, 04:00 AM
is it a yellow floating deck? if it is you have a peerless transmission. well theres a nut about maybe 10 inches from the handle , loosen it and then screw in or out depending which way u want it to go .

WeatherMan
02-17-2004, 09:00 AM
What model is it?

matthew horner
02-17-2004, 10:47 AM
Yes it is a floating yellow deck. It has a crank on the front for adjustment. I thought it looked like a peerless, but the clearances for activation are so tight. I was just trying to get more power from tranny per my hand squeeze. So how does that tranny work, if not hydraulic. How does it alternate right to left power?

FrankenScagMachines
02-17-2004, 11:38 AM
Internal wet disc clutches. I had one and sold it before I even cut with it after hearing all the bad about those trannies and getting parts for them. It was 38" and too big to fit through many gates and alot longer than my 52" plus not that maneuverable being gear drive.