PDA

View Full Version : who uses VulcherII

J Hageman
02-17-2004, 02:39 PM
WHO uses the Vulcher II mulcher and how do you like it?

WayneRI
02-18-2004, 12:45 AM
A couple of years ago, I bought the original Vulcher. Mine was steel, I think the Vulcher II is plastic, otherwise about the same.
Though it did keep the clippings from spraying out, it windrowed badly. Supposed to to a good job of mulching; hard to tell, as I was running double blades anyway. I finally took it off the mower and threw it away. ($178 wasted)
Things like double blades, mulching decks, and OCDC's are more effective.

DLCS
02-18-2004, 12:50 AM
The new Vulcher is plastic looks to be heavy duty. Suppose to be designed to stop the windrow effect and I here he has a handle for it, to make it like a OCDC.

WayneRI
02-19-2004, 01:55 AM
If they solved the windrow problem, it would be of interest to me again. As, so far I have not seen a system that deflects the clippings to the ground that is not prone to leaving a trail of clippings.
There must be somene out there who has a Vulcher II and can report on it.

gogetter
02-19-2004, 10:23 AM
They need to work on their customer service. I had e-mailed them way back with some questions, got a reply many weeks later.

I had inquired about them here on LS some time ago, and got very little first hand information. And what little bit of first hand info I did get wasn't favorable.

For the heck of it, I tried putting the metal plate from my Exmarks mulch kit over the discharge opening (without the rest of the mulch kit in place) just to see what would happen. And it just windrowed terribly.

So I can't see how the Vulcher would be any different, even though it is slightly different then just a flat plate. All the grass is still going to go towards the dishcarge and hit the Vulcher and fall straight down leaving a strip of windrowed grass.

Now if they did come up with a handle to make it an OCDC, I'd be interested, but again, I would need some better customer service.

Plus, it's pretty damn pricey for what it is.

Meg-Mo
02-19-2004, 01:45 PM
We sent blades to a Ferris 60" deck that had a vulcher on it and the guy called and told us that he thought the vulcher was good before but Meg-Mo blades improved it. We will be ordering one to try this spring so we will keep you updated. Vulcher's do have a handle option.