PDA

View Full Version : leaf removal now

pines
02-17-2004, 08:35 PM
Guys I just got a call from a lady who would like for me to perform a leaf removal now. She states that back in the fall her guy just never showed and consequently it never got done. I have not yet seen the property but she claims that she has ~1 acre. My question is to perform leaf removals now do you just look at what a"normal" leaf removal would have cost back in the fall and place a multiplier on it say 2, 2.5 or 3 just due to the messy conditions to perform this now? Thanks in advance.

bligh61
02-17-2004, 08:38 PM
i would mark it up 30%-40% for wet and compacted leaves, but i guess it depends on how badly you need some winter $

ludwiglawncare
02-17-2004, 10:03 PM
I would do it for the normal price, maybe a little more and she will be a happy new customer of yours if you think it is going to be a profitable working atmosphere.

MudslinginFX4
02-17-2004, 10:08 PM
I would also do it for the normal price. Maybe you can catch a couple of warm days and do it after it has dried up a little bit.

BULLGRAZER
02-17-2004, 10:31 PM
This is somewhat weird but I have a similar situation with previous company not showing up or doing a good job when they did. I am dealing with 2 acres (flat – easy to maneuver) and the property has roughly 45 mature Oak trees (lot of leaves). I asked the customer – “I’m curious, what exactly were you paying them? The response was $525. With out missing a beat I said “quite honestly Mrs. Shelby, I think that probably was the root of the problem with them – because I could not do the job you EXPECT and NEED for a penny less than $800 – and of course I will remove and dispose of all the bags from your property.

S-W-I-N-G – she said, “let’s do it”. Then she said when, I said well, , , , , schedule is really tight right now, , , , , if I could get you to pay me half now, I could re-arrange my schedule and be here day after tomorrow….she went and got her checkbook.

Sometimes its what you say, sometimes not what you say – but more times than none when you say what you need to say!

-=KC=-

ksland
02-17-2004, 10:33 PM
Charge by the hour

MudslinginFX4
02-17-2004, 11:14 PM
I usually don't charge by the hour, I don't telling customers that I am charging $60/man hour. 95% of the time I am right on guessing about the time, and lots of times I allow more time then it actually takes us.

trying 2b organic
02-18-2004, 12:41 AM
Thats the exact reason i would like to move towards giving quotes then delivering for that price rather then charging buy the hr. I would rather tell a customer i will keep the beds weeded for 300 bucks per season then say i will pull weeds for 50 bucks per hr which is what u have to pay me to do it.