PDA

View Full Version : How much do you charge??????

Gordons Landscape
02-17-2004, 08:36 PM
Just wondering what other companys are charging. I am not saying to tell the customer you charge per hour. But if you had to break it down (to charge per man hour) what do you charge per hour???

rodfather
02-17-2004, 08:48 PM
You didn't specify what activity you were referring to so I will assume it's strickly mowing...for us, it's $65 a man hour.

Kelly's Landscaping
02-17-2004, 08:52 PM
That depends for myself or my top 2 guys I get $35 an hour for my partner who isn't a vet yet or my newbies I want $30 for basic landscaping and clean ups for pruning I am very good at what I do so they pay $45 and hour for me and $35 and hour for my apprentice and for reg hand weeding that I only charge $25 and hour I hate to charge that but what are my expenses besides a nice green can.

Mowing is totally different you quote on the lawn and if you are good your do much better then reg labor prices my best stop we make $157 for an hour and that’s just 2 men.

BSDeality
02-17-2004, 08:56 PM
i don't know why people charge less for for stuff like weed picking. In the service industries you sell your time not just a service.

Gordons Landscape
02-17-2004, 09:02 PM
This is advearge price not your best not your worst

BULLGRAZER
02-17-2004, 11:05 PM
Bull Grazers service cost is determined by several factors and conditions specific to the project lawn and landscape (such as size, access, terrain, obstacles, potential hazards and required time).

I have not nor will I ever fall victim to 1 - getting caught up with to much focus on what others charge (although I understand the importance of a competitive market and being competitive) AND 2 - attempt to ‘cookie cutter’ service charges – I may use the same tools and muscles but every project is its own project.

As a general rule of thumb the ole dollar per minute costing factor works well most of the time for lawn maintenance (mowing) servie.

-=KC=-