View Full Version : How much do you charge??????

Gordons Landscape
02-17-2004, 08:36 PM
Just wondering what other companys are charging. I am not saying to tell the customer you charge per hour. But if you had to break it down (to charge per man hour) what do you charge per hour???

02-17-2004, 08:48 PM
You didn't specify what activity you were referring to so I will assume it's strickly mowing...for us, it's $65 a man hour.

Kelly's Landscaping
02-17-2004, 08:52 PM
That depends for myself or my top 2 guys I get $35 an hour for my partner who isn't a vet yet or my newbies I want $30 for basic landscaping and clean ups for pruning I am very good at what I do so they pay $45 and hour for me and $35 and hour for my apprentice and for reg hand weeding that I only charge $25 and hour I hate to charge that but what are my expenses besides a nice green can.

Mowing is totally different you quote on the lawn and if you are good your do much better then reg labor prices my best stop we make $157 for an hour and that’s just 2 men.

02-17-2004, 08:56 PM
i don't know why people charge less for for stuff like weed picking. In the service industries you sell your time not just a service.

Gordons Landscape
02-17-2004, 09:02 PM
This is advearge price not your best not your worst

02-17-2004, 11:05 PM
Bull Grazers service cost is determined by several factors and conditions specific to the project lawn and landscape (such as size, access, terrain, obstacles, potential hazards and required time).

I have not nor will I ever fall victim to 1 - getting caught up with to much focus on what others charge (although I understand the importance of a competitive market and being competitive) AND 2 - attempt to ‘cookie cutter’ service charges – I may use the same tools and muscles but every project is its own project.

As a general rule of thumb the ole dollar per minute costing factor works well most of the time for lawn maintenance (mowing) servie.