PDA

View Full Version : Shindawa - is this the best

stinky rodent
02-18-2004, 11:41 AM
ive heard this is the way to go.. keep in mind i would like to stick with bent shaft trimmers... i heard these are the best trimmers and blowers in the market.. any suggestions, comments, arguments?

also, who makes the toughest most efficient 2 cycle hedge trimmers?

Richard Martin
02-18-2004, 12:39 PM
I don't know about "bent-shaft" trimmers. The Shinadaiwa T-230 straight shaft trimmers are great. My oldest one is 4 years old and I have worked it like a dog.

In so far as blowers go, it depends on what you're going to use it for. If you're going to move massive piles of leaves than the Redmax is probably the strongest. If you're just moving some leaves and blowing off sidewalks and stuff then the Stihl BR420 (the one I use) is an excellant choice. For handheld blowers you're on your own, I have no idea.

Phishook
02-18-2004, 02:39 PM
Why would you want the bent shaft?

johnhenry
02-18-2004, 02:41 PM
Shindy is not the best by far and why bent shaft??

JimLewis
02-18-2004, 03:45 PM
Shindaiwa makes great products - no arguing that. We use predominately Shindaiwa stuff.

That being said, I really beleive that most commercial grade equipment rates in what I would call the "superior" category. Echo, Stihl, RedMax, etc. all make excellent top of the line commercial grade equipment. I'd be happy to use any of them.

But like the other said, why bent shaft? That's homeonwer's cheapo stuff. I'd never get anything but a straight shaft. Does Shin. even make a bent shaft???

bln
02-18-2004, 04:49 PM
shidaiwa straight shaft is the way to go. Bent shafts lose 10-15% power. Red max blowers are the best in terms reliability.

swim
02-18-2004, 05:11 PM
T-270 5 years old runs at least 2 hours a day 5 or 6 days a week for 7+ months a year.
T- 230 3 years old runs about 1 to 2 hours a day for the same.
Any more questions?

TJLC
02-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by JimLewis
Shindaiwa makes great products - no arguing that. We use predominately Shindaiwa stuff.

That being said, I really believe that most commercial grade equipment rates in what I would call the "superior" category. Echo, Stihl, RedMax, etc. all make excellent top of the line commercial grade equipment. I'd be happy to use any of them.

But like the other said, why bent shaft? That's homeonwer's cheapo stuff. I'd never get anything but a straight shaft. Does Shin. even make a bent shaft???

Shindaiwa makes a curved shaft trimmer. It's called the 22F. I use one and really like it. Has plenty of power, IMHO. Being left-handed the curved shaft has always worked the best for me I think because of the direction in which the head rotates. I tried a straight shaft and could not get used to it. Why would it matter which trimmer style you use if it gets the job done?

stinky rodent
02-18-2004, 09:38 PM
yep, i meant curved shaft.. anyways, they save my back to be quite honest, and dittos above on the fact that you cant get used to the backwards rotation... my friend told me they are simply the best...

being that i want to use a curved shaft for back pain reasons, who out here can tell me how to spend my money on curved shaft trimmers this week..

i guess its safe to say redmax is the best blower - which model though (i want the strongest model)

what about 2 cycle hedge trimmers ? which has the best track record?

alpine692003
02-18-2004, 09:41 PM
I'm about to purchase the Shinny Ah230 hedge trimmers!

Grass Master
02-18-2004, 11:15 PM
Echo GT-230 curved shaft trimmers and the HC-150 hedge clippers are great...

Lightweight and tons of power

Royalslover
02-19-2004, 02:05 AM
Stinky, I'm on an Island here. I think I'm the only commercial guy in KC that uses a curved shaft. I have been using them for 16 long years and I don't understand why anyone would use a straight shaft. First of all they are much lighter and most importantly they turn clockwise. That way you can walk forward(left to right) cutting with the leading edge. You can also edge curbs one handed. I have several properties that have lots of curbs so I jump on my GD surfer, steer with one hand and trim with the other. I've been using the Shindy for about 4 years now. I have to buy a new one every year because they wear out, but it's a great machine. It has a nice long shaft and it's still very light. If you take the guard off it's even lighter but of course I would never do such a thing. My only complaint is the head. The spring has so little tension that the string comes out way too easy. I found a supply house that sells tons of heads and I'm going to try a different one this year.

fga
02-19-2004, 11:04 AM
I went to answer your thread, but I can't stop laughing at your screen name, that's great! Every single time you post on here, I'm gonna start laughing, Please post often. STINKY BEAVER!!