PDA

View Full Version : pre-emergent weed control help

stinky rodent
02-18-2004, 10:48 AM
is there a proven pre-emergent weed control out there - i hate to spray - i want to go granular, but need results..

my rep is suggesting proscape with confront..

even though it is a pre emergent, he suggestes waiting until may/june until weeds begin to grow which doesnt make sense.. he claims it is a PRE, but will alos attack weeds actively growing.. i want to get this put down earlier, possibly early may..

any help/advice would be appreciated

heritage
02-18-2004, 02:49 PM
Bever,
Your rep is an idiot. Confront is a Post-Emergent Herbicide for broadleaf weeds. Ask about Dimension on fert. Dimension is a Pre-Emergent Herbicide For Crabgrass with some Post-Emergence Activity on early stage crabgrass. A Great Product IMO.
Get another Rep that Knows what they are doing! Try Lesco @
www.lesco.com and locate a lesco near you.

Pete D.

NCSULandscaper
02-18-2004, 02:52 PM
Dimension fert combo for turf, snapshot for ornamental and groundcover beds.

stinky rodent
02-18-2004, 08:41 PM
sorry i meant post emergent... i already use proscape with team for crabgrass - i need to get after the weeds, and i just dont like to spray

Doster's L & L
02-19-2004, 12:19 AM
"and i just dont like to spray"

You don't like to spray? Either you make so much more money doing someother job, or you're undercutting yourself. I charge 5.25/ftsq on large properties and 8.25/ftsq on smaller ones.

Today was a terrible day!! EVERYTHING went wrong! i didn't actually get started till after 1:30, but i still netted $500 easy. I personally think spraying kicks butt!!

CSRA Landscaping
02-19-2004, 01:06 PM
I hope that's $5.25/m and not $5.25 per square foot? If that's per square foot, I gotta know how you're doing that!

vegomatic40
02-21-2004, 06:30 PM
I believe all the current pre-emergents on the market are effective when used according to the label. Dithiopyr (Dimension), Pendimethalin (Pre-M) and prodiamine (Barricade) are all good products but are only as good as the end-user. Timing,rate and method of application are all critical parts of the equation for good results. Picking one as the best depends largely on the needs as well. They are all "proven" controls.

Chad@LebanonTurf
02-22-2004, 09:59 AM
Your rep is right on the money when he advised you to use ProScape w/ Confront. There is no product on the market that can match post emergent weed control like the granular Confront. Does not need to be wet when applied and attacks the roots, so you do not see the burning effect like a Three way or similar product.

stinky rodent
02-23-2004, 08:45 AM
will it carry over into the season, or will i need to reapply again later in the season???

Doster's L & L
03-08-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by CSRA Landscaping
I hope that's $5.25/m and not $5.25 per square foot? If that's per square foot, I gotta know how you're doing that!

Oops....I meant per K. :o