PDA

View Full Version : WB transmission sites??

fga
02-18-2004, 01:40 PM
I'm about to begin working on a WB that was given to me (as i said a few times in previous posts), The transmission on this model doesn't have different speeds, just goes by throttle. right now, the recoil is stuck tight, and I was told the engine is blown. But i think if the trans is busted, the recoil on this set up would be stuck anyway. I'm going to diconnect the the belt between them, and see if the motor turns (or even start would be excellent). If this is the case, I've been looking on the net and can't find a trans sales anywhere. Its a Kees 32" WB. I'm assuming that a trans would be cheaper then a new engine.
Am I wrong about my theory? Also, the left wheel and axle will roll, the right is jammed and I have to lift it and roll it around. Thanks!

tiedeman
02-18-2004, 03:11 PM
go to www.j-thomas.com to check out the transmissions

fga
02-18-2004, 05:22 PM
Thanks Tideman,
they have one transmission that I don't know if it will fit. It says for all 32" mowers. It also says replaces model #------. doesn't have any reference at all.
It seems to be a mystery with Kees, i can't get any info on my model anywhere, not even from their site (thanks jodi).
Does anyone have an older model Kees mower that might have some info.

Model # 321840 (doesn't seem to exist????)
Trans ID # FD KEES 362025

Maybe this model is older then I think, and Yazoo/Kees would rather push a newer model, they haven't returned my emails.

FrankenScagMachines
02-18-2004, 06:17 PM
is it a variable speed model or a Peerless transmission? if Peerless then email me i can help.
eric@cuttingedgelawncare.biz

Royalslover
02-19-2004, 01:12 AM
fga, I'm going to swallow my hatred of the yankees long enough to help you. Or at least point you to a supply house. Call Boettcher Supply at (800) 569/2700. Ask them for a catalog. You wouldn't believe the amount of stuff they carry.

May the Yankee's all be stricken with horrible affliction. No offense. :mad:

mow2nd
02-19-2004, 01:19 AM
1st - dig a hole as deep as you can
2nd - Push mower in hole
3rd - cover mower with dirt from hole
4th - seed and fertilize

fga
02-19-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Royalslover

May the Yankee's all be stricken with horrible affliction. No offense. :mad:

These yankess hatred posts were funny at first, now its getting scary.....

mow2nd
1st - dig a hole as deep as you can
2nd - Push mower in hole
3rd - cover mower with dirt from hole
4th - seed and fertilize

What are you trying to say?

Royalslover
02-20-2004, 12:24 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fga
[B]These yankess hatred posts were funny at first, now its getting scary.....

All in good fun......

Maybe

HarryD
02-20-2004, 12:36 AM
does the tranny look like the one on this page. if so that is a old mower. most of the time the trannys just shred the brass gear inside. so if you cant pull it I'm sure the motors locked up