PDA

View Full Version : How much will i make my first year?

shawnMI
02-18-2004, 04:42 PM
I am new into the lawn business and I want some feedback on how much money you think I should make my first year. Also how many customers do you think I will be able to get? What is the maximum number of customers you think I could handle by myself? And what would the average price be per customer?

MudslinginFX4
02-18-2004, 04:46 PM
WOW... there is no way to answer this question. You need to do a search and just start reading on this. Good Luck, welcome to the site!

Turf Medic
02-18-2004, 05:11 PM
I can't remember it's either $179.86 or $179,856.99 or somewhere in between:D It all depends on your ability, and the sacrifices that you are willing to make, that can be the frightening thing when you are in business for yourself, no one to blame. It's all you baby......

spin2098
02-18-2004, 07:22 PM
The answer to this question lies with in you my friend. You can make a nice chunk of change if you really want to. As far as how much to charge that depends on the size of the yard and exactly what you will be doing at these yards. How many yards you can handle by yourself also depends on the size and the type of equipment. Maybe ask some of the company's in your area what the going rate is. I handle 40 yards on my own and still have time to spare. So if you want to make a go of this then the sky is the limit. Good luck to you.

pcnservices
02-18-2004, 07:44 PM
You know your needs therefore you determine your own salary and sign your own pay cheque at the end of the month.

Do a marketing plan with a SWOT analysis and an action plan with realistic achievable goals. A business plan with an income / expenditure forecast, cashflow forecast. Use these documents as working documents in your business and you'll be sucessfull.

Good luck
PC

Let it Grow
02-18-2004, 07:47 PM
Hey man, welcome to Lawnsite. ECM Lawn is right, that is a HUGE question. I'd just recommend reading this site as much as possible. If you look near the top of the page there is 10 different links in blue. If you go to the one that says search you can search all the threads on this site, so that may help narrow it down. If you have more specific questions you'll probably get more help on this site.
Good Luck

Soupy
02-18-2004, 08:46 PM
How many new clients am I going to get this year? I really need to know now, so I can buy more equipment :)

FiremanMike
02-18-2004, 08:58 PM
I did about 8G my first year. Mowed 8 residential and one commercial. Of course after taxes, insurance, gas, maint., equipment, trailer, ads, lettering on the truck, software, food, blades, sharpening, and some other incidentals...I'm....ummm....250.00 in the hole :).

Let it Grow
02-19-2004, 01:38 PM
If any of us knew how many clients WE were going to have we'd all have an easier job.
DON'T buy new equipment until you have the customers. What is going to happen when you buy all this new equipment and the customers don't come. You'll end up with some big payments and no way to pay them. This is a huge killer of new businesses.