PDA

View Full Version : home show booth

greenworldh20
02-18-2004, 08:42 PM
we just completed a home show and i wanted to share some pics of it with the board.

greenworldh20
02-18-2004, 08:44 PM
here is a pic of the other side...the pavers are unilock 'tumbled' pavers. the stone behind it is rocky mountain quartz stone. very beautiful stone. we had some left over from a fall landscape install, so we decided to showcase it.

let me know what you think. i am looking for new ideas for next year.

brian

kootoomootoo
02-18-2004, 08:58 PM
Hey Brian.....what did it cost to have the booth for the show?
Did you have some sort of competition where people had to fill out something...great for mailing lists etc.

Co. up here gave away 10000 in paving at similar show.

TXLAWNBOY
02-19-2004, 12:15 AM
That's a good looking display.

greenworldh20
02-19-2004, 12:02 PM
booth cost $1700. no giveaways...always lead to chasing leads that would never purchase landscape services.

but we do make out well at these shows...just have to follow up on persons REALLY interested in what we have to offer.

brian

D Felix
02-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Brian-
I'm interested in the pond... Did you build it the "real" way, or did you cut corners since it was a temporary setup? I assume you didn't cut much liner?

How long was the show? We have 2, 2 day shows next month, and I'd like to put a pond of some sort in, but have a very limited set up time. Both shows start on a Friday around 4, takedown is on Saturday after 4-5. Setup is mainly on Friday before hand, and could possibly get in late in the day on Thursday... One show we have 4 8x8 booth spaces, the other will be similar sized...

If we put in a pond, I'm thinking of just using black visquene (sp?), and using a couple of Little Wonder pumps, about 350 gph each... Kinda on a budget here, definately don't have $1700 to spend!:) We've got the hardscape stuff covered, leftovers from last years shows...

Any suggestions, anyone?

Dan

Russ
02-19-2004, 03:01 PM
Dan
Did you see these pondless waterfalls at the homeshow last week. They look great.
http://www.clearwaterlandscapes.com/pondless_waterfall.htm

kris
02-19-2004, 08:16 PM
Looks nice ... Im getting excited about ours this year. We are going to leave one section that is not completed with some of our equipment in there. Bobcat...packer etc etc.. should be interesting.
There was a thread quite some time ago titled "growing grass in my basement" by a guy named stonhenge. Maybe Jodi could post a link to it?...I don't know how. I 'll ask her. If not...do a search under that title and author

1MajorTom
02-19-2004, 10:07 PM
Here you go Kris.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=21149&highlight=growing+grass+in+basement

AintNoFun
02-20-2004, 01:26 PM
how many other booths were at the show? how many other landscapers.. i've been wanting to do one locally here but there are like another 10-15 landscapers that currently do it....

Team Gopher
02-20-2004, 02:27 PM
Hi greenworldh20,

WOW looks like you spent a lot of time setting up your display. It looks great! Thanks for sharing!

D Felix
02-21-2004, 08:40 AM
Russ,
Didn't get to the home show, really didn't have any desire to.:)

I've looked at the pondless waterfall systems, even tried to talk someone into it with a design.

Depending on whether we get a certain job that we are bidding on, we may not even worry about trying to put a pond into our booth. We get that job, and I'm going to be commited to it for 4-5 months and won't be able to do much in the way of pond installations.

So does anyone have any suggestions as to cheap, temporary ponds that look good?

Dan