PDA

View Full Version : TGCL already raking in the bucks

turfsurfer
02-19-2004, 12:04 AM
Feb 16 with the ground still frozen and the grass dormant and TGCL has already been out putting down their fert. for that all important "spring greenup" (I thought that was what their late fall ap was for.). You know they will be back out in a few weeks for their next app. I think this year I just make up a flyer and give to customers after their chemlawn visit.
On another note, got a bid for my 12000 sq ft lawn on my door from another company the other day, $29.98 per visit. Saw a bid from the same company in the mulch of a 3000 sq ft customer's lawn. Guess what, $29.98 per visit!!

DUSTYCEDAR
02-19-2004, 12:17 AM
gotta luv the ignorance:dizzy:

1grnlwn
02-19-2004, 12:54 AM
We got one of those TG spinoffs here. It's a company an hour and a half away and they have a (branch office here) (guy lives in a trailer out in the country with truck out front) They mail market to the whole town. I lost a 3 location deal 6 apps. Guy under bid me by $300 for the year. If they wanted a de-valued program they should have asked. I just told them I'm sorry but I don't use marketing tricks to get customers and I won't use them to keep customers.

J&R
02-19-2004, 01:05 AM
Well today they leave me a door hanger with price what's type of weeds i have and type of grass. This is what was on the price sheet. WRONG addresss, name, type of grass and type of weeds in my yard. ALL this time they don't see my truck in the driveway with my name on it OR the spray truck with a 600 gal tank

J Hisch
02-20-2004, 10:27 PM
One question why did you have weeds?