PDA

View Full Version : True Green driver left his brain at the shop

J&R
02-19-2004, 01:22 AM
Today i get home theres a door hanger from true Green. It goes on in detail whats wrong with my yard and price to spray. Heres what wrong he had the wrong address, street, name, type of grass and type of weeds. How heres the good part my truck with my name on it and my 600 gal spray truck is in the driveway.? Shoud i call them and say go ahead if he treats my yard he wont get paid or if he sprays the right yard he wont get paid. the kicker the temp here will be in the high 60s friday I could spray my yard he come and resprays and kills my grass i get my lawn redone.

goodbeus
02-19-2004, 06:50 AM
They've sprayed my lawn before by mistake...left a bill on my door...I got home, called them and sternly told them I wasn't paying, I never set up an appointment or agreed to their service...:rolleyes:

floridalawncare
02-19-2004, 03:13 PM
tru green is a joke IMO. the best service comes from independant lawn services who know their job. right?

dkeisala
02-19-2004, 03:30 PM
ProGrass called once and asked if they could provide me with a complimentary lawn analysis and lawn care estimate. I said sure, please do. Never received it.

Soupy
02-19-2004, 03:42 PM
They started first round this week and there is still ice on the ground in shaddy ares.

Don't worry about them, the new no call law is going to eventually kill them.

brucec32
02-20-2004, 01:29 AM
Good to see my harsh assessment of TGCL wasn't a lone voice in the wilderness. Just goes to show you though that in modern America flashy sales techniques and marketing count a lot more than competence or ethics. I still chuckle about the "crabgrass" they diagnosed in one of my customer's lawns in January/Feb when it was cold.

tiedeman
02-20-2004, 05:51 AM
All I have to say is that I don't get along with TG at all. They are not trained properly and are only after money.

upsondown
02-20-2004, 07:06 AM
Just after buying our home years ago - my wife insisted that we "needed" ChemLawn........... so.........since she wears the panties..........and I just carry the wallet for her.......she got her way....... Second trip out - the guy broke four of our pieces of pottery and never said a word......... same gal who wears the panties - made them see what a "womans wrath" is all about. Better them than me !!!

Dave

MOW ED
02-20-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by upsondown
Just after buying our home years ago - my wife insisted that we "needed" ChemLawn........... so.........since she wears the panties..........and I just carry the wallet for her.......she got her way....... Dave

Sorry Dave, no offense but in my neck of the woods the above statement means that YOU wear the panties and I'm bettin that they are whatever style and color she says.:D

Just kiddin.

upsondown
02-20-2004, 07:44 AM
well......some could say I'm p.... whipped - but all I know is I love her as much today as I did when we married 30 years and 12 kids ago....so call it what ya want....... she's the best !

Davo
02-20-2004, 08:51 AM
Wow, 12 kids! Thats 4 crews... just kidding. Don't know how you manage, good for you.

KenH
02-20-2004, 08:55 AM
well......some could say I'm p.... whipped - but all I know is I love her as much today as I did when we married 30 years and 12 kids ago....so call it what ya want....... she's the best !

12 kids and you still have money laying around to hire Chemlawn????:eek: :eek: :eek:

Norm Al
02-20-2004, 09:00 AM
trugreen obviously does some good work or they wouldnt be as big as they are!

upsondown
02-20-2004, 09:08 AM
ever here it's not the size of the ship that counts - it's the motion of the ocean ???........ tru-green has a great marketing program...... with good marketing - you can sell screen doors to eskimo's................. but does that mean good work - or what??

GreenMonster
02-20-2004, 09:16 AM
ever here it's not the size of the ship that counts - it's the motion of the ocean ???

Yeah Dave, we've heard that one. How do you think you ended up with 12 kids!!!!

Seriously, good for you. I feel the same way about my wife of 12 years. I gained even more respect for her after giving birth to our first child. 12?!?! Your wife must be a saint & a trooper.

Sorry, I wear tha pants in this family. She only gets to pick the color and size.

Norm Al
02-20-2004, 09:17 AM
i own a spray service and ive seen some good work out of their company! especially if they start with a nice lawn!

where they fall down is in trying to fix a BAD lawn and in communicating the REALITYS and proper expectations of a customer!......in other words: they blow so much smoke up a customers a$$ that the customer doesnt understand why their lawn doesnt look like disney world after 6 months!