PDA

View Full Version : help on an estimate!!!

straightlinelawns
02-19-2004, 12:28 AM
Help!! I wrote a new customer of mine an estimate for some workto be completed and the way I wrote it out was very simple and easy to understand. I put all the prices next to all the jobs he wanted completed but when it was time to add up the total,My dump "a**" forgot to add in a $100.00!! What should I do??? Tell the customer the honest truth and break the bad news to him, Or take the $100.00 dollar pay cut on my behalf because it was my fault? He probably won't be to happy when I up the price a 100.00 and I could possibly lose the business. Maybe he looked at the estimate closer than I did. and understands I made a mistake and won't be upset about it??

J&R
02-19-2004, 12:32 AM
I would go and tell him he should understand. But remember don't make him mad the town you live in every body has a gun.

mow2nd
02-19-2004, 12:33 AM
call him asap, and explained what happend.

straightlinelawns
02-19-2004, 12:40 AM
thanks for your help. like I said, all the prices were on the estimate I just forgot to add it up correctly, if you look on there, you can clearly see the mistake. but yeah your right, we all have guns here!!lol. I will probably give him a small discount for the problem. i'll still make good money from him all summer!!!!

CSRA Landscaping
02-19-2004, 01:02 PM
Eat it and learn from it. How would you feel if you got a quote and then they called you back and said it'll be $100 more than what we originally said?