PDA

View Full Version : Bagged grass

P&C Lawn Care
02-19-2004, 11:25 AM
For the guys who have the walkers and Z's that have hoppers that catch the grass in the back and dump from the drivers seat, how and where are you dumping these? Do you have a collection box on the trailer, as I cannot imagine it is tall enough to dump in the back of a truck. What about dumping on-site? In most of my cases they have dumpsters that are too tall to dump into. I know not everyone bags grass as I don't at every site or everytime depending on the time of year. But at times I must bag or do leaf clean-up.

Mark Lawncare
02-19-2004, 11:42 AM
All of the lawns I do have an on site dumping spot or compost pile. Some people who wanted leaves and grass hualled away didn't realize they had enough space for a compost pile. I find it much esier to dump on site and furtunatly all of my lawns allow me to do this.

LAWNPROzII
02-20-2004, 01:07 AM
We have a couple walkers and what we do and probably most do is lay a tarp on the ground and dump grass on to tarp and load into truck then when the truck gets full during the day we take it to the dump.

MOW ED
02-20-2004, 06:25 AM
here is a picture, you are looking hard for answers. i like it.

Royalslover
02-21-2004, 02:34 AM
I dump grass from my Walker onto my trailer. I have a frame thingy up front that I use to pull off the grass. It only took me about a day to realize that tarping and loading was a little harder than I want to work.

hole in one lco
02-21-2004, 04:34 AM
this is the best acc for the walker

GreenMonster
02-21-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by hole in one lco
this is the best acc for the walker

Too bad it probably costs $2,500?!?!

Cool though, any way you slice it.

Wesley's Lawn
02-21-2004, 09:46 PM
If that hopper is full of wet heavy grass and it gets up that high before it dumps, does the mower have a tendency to tip backwards?

dkeisala
02-21-2004, 09:57 PM
The lift feature for the Walker does cost around $2000 but it would be almost worth it for those of us that have to bag all the lawns all the time.

JTHutch
02-21-2004, 11:53 PM
I use the front half of my 16ft trailer for grass clippings.

Royalslover how do you pull the grass off?
I've been trying to figure out the best way to do it.

ollie212@tds.net
02-22-2004, 08:23 PM
dump onto a tarp and load into our dumptrucks by hand.. lift the tarp up into the dump truck.takes two guys but when we get back to the shop we only have to drive up to our dump site tilt the dump truck bed and let it fall out .. no hand on loading can be very time consuming ..

Royalslover
02-23-2004, 12:57 AM
Jthutch, I know lots of people around Hutch. Do you live in town or outside of town? I also use the front half of my trailer for grass. I have a steel frame that spans the width of my trailer. It sits up in the front of my trailer and I just load my grass making sure to pack it fairly well. The frame is L shaped with both sides of the L being a foot wide I have a cable attached to it in the middle. When I dump at home I pull it off with a tractor. I go to two different dumpsites: one of them pulls it off with a loader and the other place has big cement blocks that I hook up to and then pull forward. I've pulled off 5000# pounds of grass and it works great everytime. I used to use a winch to pull it off but it stopped working and since I have a way to pull it off every where I dump I just never fixed it.