PDA

View Full Version : Casters for 21" mowers....

gogetter
02-19-2004, 02:33 PM
For those that use 21" mowers, here's a product that you might be interested in:

http://www.eazymow.com/index.html

Saw them in Turf magazine.

goodbeus
02-19-2004, 02:40 PM
I had them on a 20" Snapper...they we're a pain, finally took them off and installed the regular wheels:cry:

gogetter
02-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by goodbeus
I had them on a 20" Snapper...they we're a pain, finally took them off and installed the regular wheels:cry:

You had these exact ones on your snapper? My understanding was that they were new?
Why were they a pain?

goodbeus
02-20-2004, 06:37 AM
I had the one's from Snapper...wheels were bigger...the engine weight is centered on the mower frame, on a wb, the engine weight is on the rear, that's why you don't have problems with the front caster wheels...the slightest divot, the front wheels would turn sideways...had plenty of handlebars in the gut, couldn't cut straight and finally bent one of the wheels because they we're turning side-to-side in divots...

Fareway Lawncare
02-20-2004, 09:35 AM
Welded some Ariens swivels on the front of a Honda.

Doc Pete
02-20-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Fareway Lawncare
Welded some Ariens swivels on the front of a Honda.

As in your previous posts on this "particular mower", note that this is the one you imported to Canada at a price of over $2,000. Naturally, please remind those that did not read your old post that because this mower was imported, it's illegal in the USA. Also, I would think with an open chute of the size on that machine it would be very dangerous and possibly illegal in your country (Canada), too.
Finally, here’s a picture of my Ariens, and unless you have a very old set of castors, the ones on your machine seem to be a different brand than Ariens (different design and color). In fact, in your original post about this mower, last year, you said the castors were a “normal” setup for that machine.
Thanks,
DP

gogetter
02-20-2004, 01:14 PM
Pete, what the heck are those black ball looking things at the top of the bagger? They almost look like anti-scalp rollers.

Btw, how do you like having castors on that mower? I'd like to have them on my Crapsman. Seems like it would make it a bit easier.

The Dude
02-20-2004, 01:40 PM
I have 4 of those Ariens mowers as well. Got 3 of them at Home Depot for under 300 dollars. I have wore out the transmission on two of them but the other two are still going along. The three scotts brand mowers have Briggs inteks on them and the Ariens has a techumseh on it. I Absolutely love the caster wheels for manuverability on islands in parking lots. I can just run circles aroung them. They are really a time saver.

Doc Pete
02-20-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by gogetter
Pete, what the heck are those black ball looking things at the top of the bagger? They almost look like anti-scalp rollers.

Btw, how do you like having castors on that mower? I'd like to have them on my Crapsman. Seems like it would make it a bit easier.

My friend has the Cub cadet with the castors, and the turning is effortless. I think the turning around is where the castors really save your body. I had a back yard I had to do with the old Sears 21" and even at $70/hour, it was too much work without having the castors.
DP

Fareway Lawncare
02-20-2004, 04:16 PM
Doc, you will notice the wheels are joined together w/a seperate curved welded bar. Take away that bar & do you see Ariens?

Regardless as I posted before, this was the original wheel set-up on that mower.

Doc Pete
02-20-2004, 04:33 PM
Doc, you will notice the wheels are joined together w/a seperate curved welded bar. Take away that bar & do you see Ariens?

Here's the two pics. I guess my eyes are bad, but I really don't see anything the same except possibly the wheels themselves.
Ah, doesn't matter, being illegal in the states and the $2,000 price tag are enough to make me suffer with my cheapo machines. Nice picture of some dealers' showroom, though.
DP

Fareway Lawncare
02-20-2004, 10:03 PM
Doc, Please look at the kit in the Link. As usual Your Rants were Unfounded. I think yo Need A New Hobby.

http://www.ariens.com/lawn_products/walk_behind_mowers/lm_21_se_deluxe/accessories/

maelawncare
02-20-2004, 11:33 PM
this is deffently the better

http://www.cubcadet.com/servlet/BrandProductDetail?ID=875&CAT=1&SUB=9#

Doc Pete
02-20-2004, 11:35 PM
I think yo Need A New Hobby.

Na, just cragatoodalating you and that full tilt 2 grand import is hobby enough for me.....:D

Doc Pete
02-20-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by maelawncare
this is deffently the better

http://www.cubcadet.com/servlet/BrandProductDetail?ID=875&CAT=1&SUB=9#

Yup, I can agree with getting that Cub Cadet. My friend picked his up for $450. Sure's beats buying an illegal $2,000 import, that you have to make parts for because they aren't available in the USA.
DP

NCSULandscaper
02-21-2004, 12:10 AM
I have the cub cadet with the swivel front wheels. I have enjoyed that little mower to death.