PDA

View Full Version : Need input about weedeater racks

Craftybigdog
02-19-2004, 05:08 PM
Hey guys I want to build my own weedeater racks and maybe a blower rack, do you guys have any pictures of yours to give me an idea, thanks alot!

specialtylc
02-19-2004, 06:35 PM
just copy the ones that are factory made.just be sure to check spacing between units before final welding.

mow2nd
02-19-2004, 06:45 PM
I would just buy one, but if you got time to do that......good luck

mowngrow
02-19-2004, 07:04 PM
www.trimmertrap.com

JKOOPERS
02-19-2004, 08:04 PM
crafty pm me and i will tell how to do it mine cost about $20 to build

gogetter
02-19-2004, 08:20 PM
Not worth the trouble. Just go to www.precoparts.com and buy the 3 trimmer holder for only $69. Cheapest trimmer rack you will find.

But don't let the cheap price fool ya, these are nice racks. I'm very happy with mine. Same design that Trimmer Trap uses on one of their models.

Craftybigdog
02-19-2004, 08:34 PM
Thanks gogetter problem solved!

BULLGRAZER
02-19-2004, 08:36 PM
mowngrow - EXACTLY, top notch!!!

www.trimmertrap.com

-=KC=-

onionhead
02-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Hey Gogetter any trouble mounting the trimmer racks from precoparts? Did you have to buy seperate mounting hardware. Thanks for your help.

gogetter
02-21-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by onionhead
Hey Gogetter any trouble mounting the trimmer racks from precoparts? Did you have to buy seperate mounting hardware. Thanks for your help.

Yes, the mounting hardware did come with it. You just drill the holes (I think 4 bolts total).
Although I did go out and buy lanyard parts so that I could attach spring clips. You can just use locks, which would obviously keep your stuff from walking away. But I store my whole trailer in a locked storage unit. And I didn't want to have to keep unlocking locks everytime I wanted a trimmer. So I just use the spring clips.

onionhead
02-21-2004, 02:15 PM
Thanks Gogetter. This is my first year full time so accumulating all that is needed seems to be endless. You just saved me $125.00. THANKS.

gogetter
02-21-2004, 02:52 PM
Good, now you can send me a check for $........ LOL!

But seriously, one of the things that I really like about these racks as opposed to something like the GreenTouch racks (which are way too expensive!) is that you CAN'T forget to secure them, and that's just by their design.

With a GreenTouch style you could put the trimmer on the rack and forget to put the pins in place. Then drive off and your trimmer falls off.

With the ones from PrecoParts (which I think are made by Havener, same people that make the Bradley mowers) you can't put the trimmer in WITHOUT securing it. So their dummy proof.

Good luck with your first year, and welcome to Lawnsite.l

Craftybigdog
02-24-2004, 11:43 PM
I got my racks today and I must say they are nice and I cant believe the price!