PDA

View Full Version : Costs & percentages

bondlawn
11-10-2000, 08:35 PM
Property: 122,000 sq. ft (8000 sq. ft. Hybrid, remaining is common), Bermuda grass, located just south of Atlanta.

Bid specs call for:
App. 1 - Jan/Feb - light fert, prem, broadleaf postm for winter weeds
App. 2 - Mar/Apr - fert, prem
App. 3 - Jun - heavy slow release fert
App. 4 - Aug/Sep - fert
App. 5 - Oct - fert, prem, broadleaf postm
App. 6 - Dec - potassium based fert

Bid spec also calls for spot treatment May-Sep for broadleafs and insects and disease controls "as needed".

I've just got my license (aren't you proud of me Lawrence?) and this is the first job I'm putting out a bid on. What is a reasonable price for the 6 apps? Can you even put a price on the "as needed", or should that be treated as an adder? What should I have as a ratio for cost of material to sale price? Any product recommendations and other info would be greatly appreciated.

KirbysLawn
11-13-2000, 03:33 AM
First, I do not apply a pre-emergent to a warm season grass just prior to it coming from being dormant. Any Bermuda seeds dropped last year will not grow if you apply Pre-M, I would apply a post emergent (Drive or MSMA) after crabgrass is noted or wait and apply Pre-M after the Bermuda is growing and green.

Here is a good schedule for Bermuda here in NC: http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/TurfFiles/pubs/ag431.html#5