PDA

View Full Version : Securing Equipment-Question

MOturkey
02-22-2004, 01:11 PM
I'm still in the process of setting up my trailer. I was thinking of using four ratchet straps to secure my Gravely, at least until I saw a picture of the Fastrap wheel fasteners from Ballard. Looks much faster to use than four ratchets. I was just wondering if any of you have experience with this product, or if there is something else out there that I am unaware of? Thanks. Neill

Joe25
02-23-2004, 11:20 AM
I use the fast straps from Greentouch, they have worked well. I use one strap on each machine. Check with your local dealer to purchase these straps, they also have a website greentouch.com where you can view their products.

GreenTouch1
02-25-2004, 05:01 PM
I have a little experiance with this product.

The fastrap is a nice system and was desighned to be quick to use. If your against drilling through your trailer bed however I would consider another product. The fastrap requires that you bolt down two brackets to the bed of your trailer. The strap that wraps around it is an industrial grade tie strap certified to 800lbs. These do and will wear out over time and can be replaced. (usually years though)

Average cost of a fastrap is 22.95 retail.
a replacemant strap is 14.95

I can answer any detailed questions you might have about the product.

MudslinginFX4
02-25-2004, 05:04 PM
I've never had the need for anything but a big thick rope, or a couple of rachets. I find that one rachet on each of the mowers of fine. I have hooks drilled into my trailer sides to latch the ends of the rachets to.

MOturkey
02-25-2004, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the input. I decided to go with the Fastrap, and ordered two from Northern Tool today ($22.99 each). I'm thinking they will be less in the way while walking on the trailer, etc. (I'm a klutz!) Neill