PDA

View Full Version : Fert Bin for Truck

Rob Spread & Spray
02-22-2004, 05:30 PM
Where can I find a fert bin for the back of my truck. I would prefer a fiberglass one. I used them years ago but cant find a manufacturer.

grassguy_
02-22-2004, 06:01 PM
Rob,
I'll make a check with a few of the guys we used to work with and see if they might be able to link you up with some of the old ones from our past!

Rob Spread & Spray
02-22-2004, 06:05 PM
Thanks Bud! Ya know that might just mean a road trip!!!!

grassguy_
02-22-2004, 06:07 PM
well, gotta go that way from time to time anyways, lol did you want me to ship you a pic of the ones I had made?

Tscape
02-22-2004, 06:14 PM
I think SNG equipment made them. They called it a Contain-o-shell. At least I think that is what you are talking about. I hear they sold out to someone though.

Rob Spread & Spray
02-22-2004, 07:03 PM
Yeah Mark, but are you going to mail it snail mail or lean how to use a digital camera? LOL

Turfscape--- what I am looking for is a box we used in the past that fit perfectly in place of your tailgate on a pickup truck with a tip up door.

MatthewScott
02-22-2004, 08:52 PM
The company you are looking for is Tuflex Manufacturing. They make all and any fiberglass lawn care product you can imagine. Try 800-327-9005 call me back if thats not the right #, thats from memory. They have all sizes 20 bag 30 bag 50 bag. Only speak to Tom Sayward.

Let me know how you make out.

Please tell tom you got his name from Matthew at Highest Quality Lawn Care in New hampshire as we buy from them often and are buying new sprayers from him as we speak.

grassguy_
02-22-2004, 09:24 PM
Rob,
LOL, I actually the chance to use it this weekend since the wife happened to put the camera down after she ran the battery out. Once its charged I'll get you a pic and actually on email, not hand delivered as before, lol

Rob Spread & Spray
02-22-2004, 10:01 PM
Matthew do you have the latest web addy?

How is the price on shipping those products up here for us?

Russ
02-23-2004, 11:07 AM
I would be interested too, if the shipping is reasonable.

Rob Spread & Spray
02-23-2004, 04:06 PM
For those of you interested I got some prices from Tuflex.

20 Bag unit. 94"L x 23"D x 24" T is $947

32 Bag unit. 61 x 30 x 40 is $1187

Freight for either is about $215 and there is about a 2 week turnaround time.

Thanks for your help.

NJemerald
02-24-2004, 06:53 AM
Is there a web addy or pics of these unit? So like what I'm looking for also.

Bryan

Rob Spread & Spray
02-24-2004, 08:20 AM
Web Site is down and they are redoing it. You can call them for a catalog though. Those prices are a bit high, so I am going to check locally and see what it would cost to have one fabricated from aluminum.

scottt
02-24-2004, 01:48 PM
What would make these bins worth that kind of money? Maybe I am missing the reason to have one, but my $10 tarp works fine to keep the fert dry. Maybe a picture would help.

Rob Spread & Spray
02-24-2004, 02:24 PM
Scott it is nothing more than a waterproof, fiberglass shell with door on it. The doors can be locked and it also provides for a place to put your logo and number.

I will be looking at other options though.

James Cormier
02-24-2004, 04:24 PM
Hey Rob, heres a idea, put stake sides(if not already on bed) then have a custom touneau cover made. Theres a company in worcester mass that makes custom touneau covers, im sure theres one around you.
A local landscaper has a hieno stake body and a small tube Frame thats a little higher then the cab and the cover goes over the frame and snaps on like a truck touneau cover. Then you whole bed will be covered.

Im a little worried for you on the carrier from perma green, I ve talked with serveral guys that say the quality of welds is poor, dont want to drop that on highway. Maybe have a local welder check it out for you. Whats gonna keep the machine dry? or will you just pull the trailer on rainey days?

Good luck,
Jim

Rob Spread & Spray
02-24-2004, 04:32 PM
That machine has allready seen its share of rainy days. Its mostly the fert I am concerned with, It needs to stay in place as well as dry. I will have the rack double checked, thats a good idea. We still need to chat. I am on the road tomorrow for about 5 hours, will you be around?

James Cormier
02-24-2004, 04:46 PM
Yeh, I in the office Wed,thurs,friday this week, gotta get those will notify letters out. I'm also having software issues.... :( I want to get ideas from you on that. So call me......you know the phone number.....its on the web site, call the toll free number I promise not to be online cause I cant get anywork done when I am surfing.
Thursday at 11:30 I got the yellow book girl stopping by so dont call around that time. Other than that I will be at my desk.

I remember seeing some cool fert bins in some old grounds mags. I got a box here at home so I will put some in the bathroom and try to find some sites for you to check out.