PDA

View Full Version : Is there a product that STUNTS grass growth but doesnt "brown"??

stinky rodent
02-23-2004, 08:47 AM
I had heard there was a product out there that would "******" grass growth without killing or browning out... i need an idea for a ditch with very nice turf planted in it... wanted to find a way around trimming it each week...

kickin sum grass
02-23-2004, 10:47 AM
primo maxx works great $$$$$$

stinky rodent
02-23-2004, 11:05 AM
could you give me some details on the primo maxx? where can i find some info on it?

thanks kickin

Josey Wales
02-23-2004, 01:04 PM
go here for Mfr info: http://www.syngentaprofessionalproducts.com/to/prod/primo/

My Estes dealer calls Primo Maxx "Liquid Gold".

OSU Plant Pathologist calls it God's gift to bermudagrass :)

I've found it for anywhere from $400 to $550 per gallon.

Comanski
02-23-2004, 02:17 PM
I agree, Primo is the best in my opinion. Some other growth regulators: Embark, Cutless, and Proxy.

turfsolutions
02-23-2004, 03:35 PM
How much primo maxx do you need to apply per 1000 square feet? Just trying to get an idea of product cost. Thanks.

Josey Wales
02-23-2004, 03:59 PM
Depending on the specific grass type Primo goes down at anywhere from .10 to 1.0 oz/1000 Sq ft.

Bermuda and tall Fescue: .75 oz/1000 sq ft

Ryegrass: 1.0 oz/1000 sq ft

St Augustine: 0.1 to 0.15 oz/1000 sq ft

lawnaggie
10-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Has anyone had experience tank mixing primo maxx with momentum and quicksilver?
Posted via Mobile Device

scottmeikle
11-23-2013, 06:31 PM
t-nex from quali pro same active as primo only cheaper.

Ric
11-23-2013, 07:35 PM

ROUNDUP was originally developed as a PGR and is the Cheapest PGR on the Market. Read Section 8 entitled CHEMICAL MOWING on most Roundup labels.

newguy123
11-23-2013, 07:39 PM

ROUNDUP was originally developed as a PGR and is the Cheapest PGR on the Market. Read Section 8 entitled CHEMICAL MOWING on most Roundup labels.

Does it work well as a PGR??? I would think it would burn the grass. Do you dilute it first?

countryclublawnllc
11-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Depending on the grass types involved but if it is a blue/rye combo I would use Embark at a rate of around 1.5 oz per Acre of the 2S red 3.2% ai. label or 12 oz per Acre of the green 28% ai. label to start with and go from there. Cant say I have tried roundup as a pgr but at proper rates it would probably work and be the cheapest solution.

Ric
11-24-2013, 10:02 AM
Does it work well as a PGR??? I would think it would burn the grass. Do you dilute it first?

I believe "Thinking" might be your problem. First read the Roundup label. Then do a Google search for "Chemical Mowing" and you might learn something.

clemsonturf
11-24-2013, 04:04 PM
:laugh::laugh:

newguy123
11-24-2013, 06:44 PM
I believe "Thinking" might be your problem. First read the Roundup label. Then do a Google search for "Chemical Mowing" and you might learn something.

Thanks for answering the question smart guy.

ted putnam
11-24-2013, 09:37 PM
Thanks for answering the question smart guy.

C'mon man. Lighten Up!. While Ric does tend to answer questions with a "tude", you have to admit that your comment in post #11 was pretty stupid. "Do you Dilute it first?" What herbicide are you aware of that is not generally received in concentrated form requiring dilution before application....I can't think of any off the top of my head. In post#10, Ric pointed everyone in the direction they needed to go if considering using Glyphosate as a PGR.

While I have not read this information yet and am not aware of what it says, I personally don't believe I would even consider using Glyphosate as a PGR unless I was dealing with strictly Bermuda turf.

newguy123
11-24-2013, 09:41 PM
C'mon man. Lighten Up!. While Ric does tend to answer questions with a "tude", you have to admit that your comment in post #11 was pretty stupid. "Do you Dilute it first?" What herbicide are you aware of that is not generally received in concentrated form requiring dilution before application....I can't think of any off the top of my head. In post#10, Ric pointed everyone in the direction they needed to go if considering using Glyphosate as a PGR.

While I have not read this information yet and am not aware of what it says, I personally don't believe I would even consider using Glyphosate as a PGR unless I was dealing with strictly Bermuda turf.

Hey thanks for coming to his aide...maybe you should have directed the "c'mon man" to him first.

I was merely being quick with my response as he was.

Maybe I should have been more specific...but was referring to dilution as how diluted, or the mix ratio. I guess I'm guilty of not being extremely specific, but then again, I expected someone to answer my question without being rude.

Next time I'll make a note of it.

ted putnam
11-24-2013, 10:10 PM
Hey thanks for coming to his aide...maybe you should have directed the "c'mon man" to him first.

I was merely being quick with my response as he was.

Maybe I should have been more specific...but was referring to dilution as how diluted, or the mix ratio. I guess I'm guilty of not being extremely specific, but then again, I expected someone to answer my question without being rude.

Next time I'll make a note of it.

Look...I wasn't "coming to his aide". He doesn't need my help.

Re-read your post again to yourself. What would you think?

If you know what you're doing and can offer answers/help...chime in. If you don't. read the info, then ask questions. Most of the pros here do not "spoon feed" when it comes to questions on the use of pesticides. They point in the direction of knowledge and it is up to you to get it for yourself. If you don't understand it and ask specific questions, most will try to answer/help...me included.

I was merely pointing out "the error of your ways". You can run around with a chip on your shoulder or you can learn from it. That's up to you.

newguy123
11-24-2013, 10:22 PM
Look...I wasn't "coming to his aide". He doesn't need my help.

Re-read your post again to yourself. What would you think?

If you know what you're doing and can offer answers/help...chime in. If you don't. read the info, then ask questions. Most of the pros here do not "spoon feed" when it comes to questions on the use of pesticides. They point in the direction of knowledge and it is up to you to get it for yourself. If you don't understand it and ask specific questions, most will try to answer/help...me included.

I was merely pointing out "the error of your ways". You can run around with a chip on your shoulder or you can learn from it. That's up to you.

I like the chip idea like you buddy Ric.

Anyways...aren't we here to learn from each other, and help one another out? Hopefully not being rude??? I'm here to contribute, and where I can't I ask so that eventually I can contribute.

Errors of my ways? My only error wasn't being specific enough in my question to avoid someone being rude. That's my error sir.

And in all reality...defending my post isn't "a chip on my shoulder."

You seem like a good dude; not trying to be rude to you, but hoping you understand my perspective as well.

ted putnam
11-24-2013, 10:40 PM
I like the chip idea like you buddy Ric.

Anyways...aren't we here to learn from each other, and help one another out? Hopefully not being rude??? I'm here to contribute, and where I can't I ask so that eventually I can contribute.

Errors of my ways? My only error wasn't being specific enough in my question to avoid someone being rude. That's my error sir.

And in all reality...defending my post isn't "a chip on my shoulder."

You seem like a good dude; not trying to be rude to you, but hoping you understand my perspective as well.

I do....I was wearing your shoes at one time...

Just try to follow my advice and the road to knowledge will be less bumpy.