PDA

View Full Version : Gehl Skid steers

Rotor-Man
02-23-2004, 12:37 PM
Anyone own one and likes and dislikes of them. Thanks

Tigerotor77W
03-27-2004, 08:44 PM
This might be better suited in the Heavy Construction forum... but... anyhow.

Gehl has come out with the new 40 series skids; better productivity and Tier II engines. Nice machines. The 7810 and 7610 are beasts; might be too big for most jobsites. The 6640 (or 6635) was a popular model -- a real workhorse. Gehls last long, but if you go for on, be sure to check the rear visibility -- those towers are massive.

lamster
07-04-2004, 10:54 AM
yes itīs true,

I have a new 5640 with 2 speed option, I have get the first in my location,

wow he is very fast ! you have to try it !

but I have an 5635 with foam filled tires and back-wight kit,
it has a better traction and more lift capacity like the new 5640, the different it unbeliveable

iīve order now the Hydroglide (ride-control) system and a wight kit too to solve the liftand traction problems,

i have so much troubles with it in the first 2 weeks,
so iīm not sure that I will keep them,

first, there was a crack in the lift-arm (Gehl now from the problem), now my dealer want replace the liftarm
they was not welded very well (after 6 hours),
we had no hard work until yet,

after 10hours, whe had a massive oil leak,
they have forgot to tight the hydraulics at the driveengine,

maybe i have make a mistake to give my good old 5635 back,

Tigerotor77W
07-04-2004, 07:23 PM
Lamster --

You have great English for a non-native speaker. It's a tough language to learn. (For example, why is plough pronounced differently from rough? Or why is fish not spelled ghoti? Gh="f", o=i as in women, and ti as in "sh" such as nation.) (Oh, and Lamster, that was for the American or English people here, not meant to confuse you. :-))
I hope the problems work themselves out -- Gehl will make sure its machines do well enough.

And again, this thread might be moved to the H Eq and Paving forum.

Xing

drtyrffnek
03-11-2009, 06:45 PM
We use a 4640 Gehl turbo, 62hp, 2-speed, with hydroglide. Also we have three attachments that we use. Honestly we get pretty good jobs with it. I would really like to get more or atleast stay busier!

lamster
03-12-2009, 02:45 PM
:laugh:
have you allready get some problems with the Hydraulic Travel Motor ?

my Dealer have allready replaced one Travelmotor
at my Loader;
It was replaced by Warranty at about 600Hours,
an friend of me, had got allready 3 Units ?
and my dealer is allready angry about GEHL,
and I know from the service people, that the have got many troubles with Gehl Loader at this moment,

mayby I Had luck with my 5640 :rolleyes: (got about 2200Hours)

since gehl has chance the color from red to yellow, the problems starts :laugh::laugh:

drtyrffnek
03-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Nope haven't really had any problems with it really we got somewhere around 330 hrs on it

cat320
03-13-2009, 02:20 PM
We use a 4640 Gehl turbo, 62hp, 2-speed, with hydroglide. Also we have three attachments that we use. Honestly we get pretty good jobs with it. I would really like to get more or atleast stay busier!

have the same unit but with out the 2spd and hydro glide. i like it have had my share of problems when it was new it's like 13 was written all over. but knock on wood has been running fine and same here would like to keep it busier.

GMD1984
03-28-2009, 08:57 PM
i dont have gehl skid steer, but i have mustang excavators wich is a gehl and i love them. ait will out dig any other equipment 2 times it size any day.

lamster
03-29-2009, 02:51 AM
I know, Mustang is a Gehl brend,
but I also know that the Gehl excavator is build from Neuson (here from Austria) or as License
checkout www.neusonkramer.com
look also at the telecope and All-weel-stering Loaders

they sell not much Neuson units here,
because there are not so stabil und like to tip over very fast,

wenn you will buy an Excavator, get a Takeuchi, its they mercedes of excavator

last time they compare the Takeuchi with the Caterpillar at the Cat-Dealer,
the rise the Hydraulicpressure and also the Engine, so the Cat will be stronger at the Demo, without any chance of the Cat
the Cat dealer also said that the Takeuchi beat out the Cat witout problems,
Caterpillar has not so much experience at the Mini-series yet,

I will get one of the new Takeuchi TB250 maybe next week,
I havenīt seen it yet, Iīve only ordered :-)
It is the first that was sell, a great machine

Gehl is also not so bad, I drive Gehl since the last 10 years without problems, only the bushings should be increased, so the bolts will not wear out so quick in the lift frame

greating from Austria
Paul

KRtraxx
04-01-2009, 08:30 AM
i dont have gehl skid steer, but i have mustang excavators wich is a gehl and i love them. ait will out dig any other equipment 2 times it size any day.

Glad you love your excavators from Mustang..I am getting a 12002(25K size) in with only 800 hrs that should be a super buy for someone. That is the biggest model they make..With A/C and a hyd. thumb 39,500 Thats a LOT of excavator for that price..

GMD1984
04-01-2009, 09:20 AM
what year is it . thats a good price. i think you will be vary happy with it.

KRtraxx
04-01-2009, 09:50 AM
what year is it . thats a good price. i think you will be vary happy with it.

Its an 04... It is for sale for that price..Nice machine..

lamster
04-01-2009, 12:47 PM
yes, this is a Excavator build per Neuson,
wen you buy it, check out the wearing of the Mainpin of the side-shift,
this is for an Excavator of this size very important,
must will not have bushes on this parts on top and bottom, and wen it wear out, you have to replace the complete side-shift of let it repair by a spezial company

but at 800 hours it should not be a problem

greeting from Austria

olyman
04-02-2009, 01:33 PM
gehl--one of the best brands out there--and theyve been at it for a while---they just "feel" right at the controls--early deeres sucked--and so do the case---