PDA

View Full Version : Kaput mole gel bait

agrolawn81
02-23-2004, 09:40 PM
stumbled on a site for mole control. scimetricsltd.com. they have a gel mole bait. If anyone has used it , would welcome any feedback on results. Thanks. I have several customers with serious mole problems.

kickin sum grass
02-24-2004, 03:00 AM
didn't do a thing. I went to a seminar put on by "the moleman" and he laughed at the product. He said the moles want to eat live insects and they can tell a difference.

vegomatic40
02-24-2004, 06:53 AM
Be sure your license covers varmint control as well. I would be concerned with potential liability with pets, kids etc..

Field General
02-24-2004, 06:55 AM
Good topic...What do you guys do when asked to get rid of moles? Any input would be helpful, as I get this question alot.

Hawkeye5
02-24-2004, 08:28 AM
Trap the little suckers, or borrow my English springer AKA "the mole dog"

tremor
02-24-2004, 11:49 AM
The folks I've sold Kaput to are raving about the results. Not one complaint so far. Could the "Moleman" have had a financial interest at stake?

Steve

heritage
02-24-2004, 01:41 PM
Field General,
If you want to get rid of the moles you must eliminate there food source. I have had By far the best results by applying Sevin Insecticide Either Granular or Liquid at the rate for white grub complex control. Make the application within 24 hours of a moderate rainfall. Sevin is highly toxic to earthworms and when they die after the application the moles leave. The earthworms will repopulate in about 8-10 months. More times than not the moles do not return for at least 2 seasons because they have found another food source. For those that do not want to harm the earthworms apply Mol-Med monthly when moles are most active.

Pete D.

knuckshemi
02-24-2004, 02:27 PM
:o I did the simple thing. I bought an 8' windmill (in the color of my tractor) and put it up. The vibration made the moles leave. and if they come back in some other area, I just pull up four stakes and move it. real simple.

Now i need to know how to get rid of beavers...

Thanks
Fluffyone:rolleyes:

tremor
02-27-2004, 09:08 AM
Getting rid of the food source did work back in the days of Chlordane. No more Earthworms. Sevin & Benomyl kill worms too, but only for a few weeks. I thought our industry had progressed to the point we no longer wanted to kill the benificials though.

Earthwoms make up the largest part of a moles diet & Sevin will be off the market soon. Get with the new technology bewfore your competition does.

Kaput offers the least labor, lowest cost, & no colateral environmental impact. Plus it works better than anything else available.

Try it before you bash it. You won't be sorry.

Runner
02-28-2004, 12:13 AM
We have had great success with it. Several other companies in our area are using it now, and it is more readily usable than the phosphine that WAS being utilized. It is much safer, too. TG is buying this stuff up by the cases.