PDA

View Full Version : Retaining Walls

JRSlawn
02-23-2004, 10:40 PM
I own a small lawn and landscape company we currently do some landscaping like lawn and landscape installs. I was wondering how hard it is in installing like a versa lock type wall. I'm not talking huge walls the max maybe 4 feet max.
How do I do it?

Thanks For your help

Jeff Smith
JRS Lawn & Landscape

launboy
02-23-2004, 10:49 PM
you might want to check out versa locs web page its got "how to do" info it should have what you are looking for

hole in one lco
02-23-2004, 11:17 PM
Go to were they sell versa lock and see if they offer a class to become certified with versa lock. I did it with uni lock paver's.

Let it Grow
02-24-2004, 02:57 PM
Usually the company that sells the block will have a brochure or something that will tell you how to do it.

We did about 7 retaining walls last year with the same type of block. Here it's called anchor wall systems.

ipm
02-24-2004, 04:54 PM
If they are under4' simply dig a footer, pack some crush and run and set your block. Make sure the 1st run is perfectly level, or you will wish you had. If there are steps involved you are getting into more detail work, if the radius is very tight you will be getting into a lot of cutting, etc. Keep it simple or take classes on it. Keep it under 3' or whatever your county calls for and you won't need permits, no geo grid, etc. If they are load bearing you need to get a plan. 2cs You will also need some glue for the capping stone, fabric, if you don't want mud coming through the front, some install french drain. Hope this helps

CNYScapes
02-25-2004, 03:35 PM
Read the brochure and start digging, if you follow the directions youll be fine.