PDA

View Full Version : Help on a large bid

dcwalker
02-25-2004, 03:42 PM
Hey guys, I really am getting a lot out of this site and appreciate the longtimmers who help out us new guys. Ive been contacted to bid on a cemetary- weed eating only. It's about 30 acres from what they told me and there are thousands of tombstones and quite a few trees as well. Tombstones and trees is all that needs weedeating but like I said there are thousands of them. This being my first commercial property to bid on I have no idea where to start. The guy I talked to said they had a company do it a few years ago and it took 4 or 5 guys, about a day and a half to do it. I'm solo, but I think I could get some help at 7-10 dollars each. Also I'm not sure yet if it's going to be weekly or bi-weekly. I know it's hard to help on such little info but a little imput would be greatly appreciated.

DC:eek:

J Hisch
02-25-2004, 07:48 PM
What it would normally take to trim a line/distance, double it...... make some cash off your help also.. this is very labor instensive.. you will use those trimmers up and fast using them for 8+ plus hrs in a day.. bid it high. based on taking 5 guys 1.5 days my price would be.2200.00 per time.

dcwalker
02-26-2004, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to pass on it since I don't have the man power or the willingness to stress my epuiptment.
DC

twins_lawn_care
02-26-2004, 04:45 PM
Hey DC,
not sure how big your company is, but mine being solo, if I could do that job for $2200 per week, and hope to get 30 weeks out of the year, I could do just that job full time!!!
meaning, you could pull in some good money, sourcing it out to a worker at $8 an hour, figure 2-3 good trimmers a year, and that's a lot of profit???
I know it sounds like a big job, I am just playing with the numbers over here!
good luck with whatever you decide, but if they would pay the $2200 a week, I would probably take it!, that sounds a bit high to me.
Even with 5 guys at a day and a half, thats only 60 hours labor. paying $2200 a week would be paying them $36.67 an hour!
I don't think they'd pay that much, but I sure would take the job!