PDA

View Full Version : Exmark HP ?

xprmntl1
02-25-2004, 06:04 PM
Just bought an Exmark Lazer HP and am wondering what the Hp stands for?

John Gamba
02-25-2004, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by xprmntl1
[B]Just bought an Exmark Lazer HP and am wondering what the Hp stands for?

It stands for WELCOME TO THE EXMARK CLUB!!!! Or High Performance
John

dvmcmrhp52
02-25-2004, 08:37 PM
YeeeHaaaa!
Congrats and welcome to the club!
Membership requires you to buy the first drink!LOL!

Expert Lawns
02-25-2004, 09:15 PM
HP - Helps Productivity

FFMED74
02-25-2004, 09:39 PM
I looked atthem today for the first time, very impressed, btw. I wondered what HP was to.LOL I am not saying I am buying exmark, but the number show me something, they have thicker decks, bigger spindles and it seems where ever I go everyone, for the most part says they have the best machine... I can say one thing the sales guy at the exmark place actually educated me about the product and showed it to me, toro guy just wrote stuff down, Hustler did a good job and the Scag dealer I saw wanted to agrue with me over whether my current mower was a commercial grade mower, which is really is, that dealer LOST all buisness I will ever have for him. I am actually going to the exmark open house here in Indy on Friday and demo me an X, can't wait.

Darryl G
02-25-2004, 10:28 PM
HP = Hernia Preventer.

I love mine, espeically now that I got the Ultravac collection system.

sildoc
02-26-2004, 12:51 AM
Help please?
Holy Poo?
Handicaped parked it.
No good looking machine just dont have any where I could use that large of a machine.
One thing I can say about exmark is that there customers are loyal. that is for sure.
good luck.

askarvelis
02-26-2004, 07:05 AM
I brought one this year(Lazer HP 48") You will be amazed at what that SOB can do even in small spots. I still am amazed every day at its versatility and power!

muxx
02-26-2004, 07:10 AM
I just bought a 52" this year. I usually run 72" xp's. I love the 52". I am very loyal, I bought 2 other brand mowers before and neither lasted a year. I will never ever change again.

John Gamba
02-26-2004, 07:33 AM
This is bringing tears to my eyes:cry: :cry: :cry:

John

slikrick
02-26-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by John Gamba

John

hey John !!!!
I was on that same cruise at that same location! Cant really go there right now thought can you ! best cruise ship on the planet! 'coco loco' !!!! hhahahaha

John Gamba
02-26-2004, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slikrick
[B]hey John !!!!
I was on that same cruise at that same location! Cant really go there right now thought can you ! best cruise ship on the planet! 'coco loco' !!!! hhahahaha

Hay they just invited us to join them on the launching of THE NEW Caribbean Princess, I guess we will have to go!!!!!!!
John

Doc Pete
02-26-2004, 12:06 PM

John

John, I'm hurt. You told me it meant "Hi, Pete":D :D

John Gamba
02-26-2004, 12:09 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Doc Pete
[B]John, I'm hurt. You told me it meant "Hi, Pete":D :D [/

So i lied!!LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Doc Pete
02-26-2004, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Doc Pete
[B]John, I'm hurt. You told me it meant "Hi, Pete":D :D [/

So i lied!!LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Later, some of us have to go back to work//////:o :o
Pete

ib2old
02-26-2004, 12:18 PM
Ilove my exmark still going it is a 1989 model wb all original ex belts &blades hand grips

Expert Lawns
02-26-2004, 12:41 PM
HP = High Priced? love my exmark though

lpwhandyman
04-14-2004, 11:10 PM
Just got the 52" HP. I think the HP stands for "Hydro Plaining" across the greens. This thing is fast. All the hype I've been reading about this mower I just had to get one. Grass isn't growing much yet and the ground is soaked, but I have to tell ya I'm impressed how this thing goes up a hill. I know it says not to exceed a 15 degree hill, but I couldn't resist trying the hill here at the house. It'll make your ankles hurt walking horizontally. But I went straight up it with the HP. It was a bit scary near the top and started getting light in the front end, but it went right up. Decidede to find the slope of the hill and measured out at 25 degrees. Gotta make sure to keep that seatbelt tight. Praying for some warmer temps and the sun to shine here.

Fareway Lawncare
04-14-2004, 11:22 PM
HP=High Performance.

eXmark!

John Gamba
04-15-2004, 06:12 AM
GooDDDDDDD LuckKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doc Pete
04-15-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Fareway Lawncare
HP=High Performance.

eXmark!

I know I'm going to regret this... BUT.......... by the large and varied amount of equipment you constantly show us, you should know the answers to many of the questions you ask. SO....... either the equipment pictures you post aren't yours, or you are the most learning handicapped person to ever walk this earth.

DP

BobR
04-15-2004, 07:36 AM
IMHO the HP stands for 'Half Pint'.. A small mower with an attitude not a wide area behemoth but a 'small dog' that runs with and sometimes around the pack definitely does not 'Stay on the Porch'..

BobR

65hoss
04-15-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by BobR
IMHO the HP stands for 'Half Pint'.. A small mower with an attitude not a wide area behemoth but a 'small dog' that runs with and sometimes around the pack definitely does not 'Stay on the Porch'..

BobR That is a pretty good analogy.

Fareway Lawncare
04-15-2004, 10:46 AM
Don't worry Doc, someday you may be able to work as a full time LCO & hire people other than your wife. Keep scratchin' !

Doc Pete
04-15-2004, 11:32 AM
Don't worry Doc, someday you may be able to work as a full time LCO & hire people other than your wife. Keep scratchin' !

Casey,
"What I do" has nothing to do with my original question/statement to you, but if you want to continue to aviod the question that's OK, too.
DP

Doc Pete
04-15-2004, 11:54 AM

Hey, maybe it's different in Canada, but as a small part time LCO, I don't need to ask "what's the best way to clean grass from my mower blades". Again, I just assumed after now seeing the vast and varied amount of machinery you own, you already knew the best method, not to mention other questions you post about similar subjects a large LCO would know.
I hope this doesn't an arguement, since it's just an observation after the many new pictures you've been posting.
Thanks,
Pete

John Gamba
04-15-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Doc Pete
Hey, maybe it's different in Canada, but as a small part time LCO, I don't need to ask "what's the best way to clean grass from my mower blades". Again, I just assumed after now seeing the vast and varied amount of machinery you own, you already knew the best method, not to mention other questions you post about similar subjects a large LCO would know.
I hope this doesn't an arguement, since it's just an observation after the many new pictures you've been posting.
Thanks,
Pete

Happy Easter Pete :waving:

Lazer_Z
04-15-2004, 03:59 PM
eXmark

Lazer_Z
04-15-2004, 04:01 PM
Let me try that again

Doc Pete
04-15-2004, 07:52 PM
Happy Easter Pete :waving:

Ya know, it just strikes me odd that you, me, and everyone else is rather proud of their truck/ trailer/shop with their name on it, including their picture, but Fareway. Doesn't that just make you wonder?? Frankly, its rather rude not to let each other see who we are talking to. Maybe it's different in Canada, I don't know.

DP

Lazer_Z
04-15-2004, 08:08 PM
Ya know, it just strikes me odd that you, me, and everyone else is rather proud of their truck/ trailer/shop with their name on it, including their picture, but Fareway. Doesn't't that just make you wonder?? Frankly, its rather rude not to let each other see who we are talking to. Maybe it's different in Canada, I don't know.

DP

Hey Doc Pete I'm not crazy about the idea of people bashing one another but, and please hear me out on this. I too am starting to smell for lack of a better word a rat. It seems that Mr.UL & Mr.Fareway have some if not all of the same mower ie: the one 21" with the lift bar on the front, An eXmark TTHP or 2 ect... So Fareway most if not all of us have posted a pic on LS why not you?

P.S. Have a good one John & Doc Pete :) :waving:

lawnman_scott
04-15-2004, 08:09 PM
I know I'm going to regret this... BUT.......... by the large and varied amount of equipment you constantly show us, you should know the answers to many of the questions you ask. SO....... either the equipment pictures you post aren't yours, or you are the most learning handicapped person to ever walk this earth.

DP Bobby must be right about the people in NJ. Fareway also knows quite a bit about many things such as toro walkbehinds for one. I think someone is very very jealous!!!

Doc Pete
04-15-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by lawnman_scott
Bobby must be right about the people in NJ. Fareway also knows quite a bit about many things such as toro walkbehinds for one. I think someone is very very jealous!!!

As I originally said, I just wonder why all of us enjoy sharing photos of our stuff, trucks trialers, business cards and ourselves, except Fareway. Gees, he's so proud to offer pictures of his stable of equipment, but not his photo or a picture of his business. Sorry, but with all his many photos doesn't it strike you odd out of all of them, "none" have a business name. Sorry, jealousy doesn't enter into it.
DP

Fareway Lawncare
04-15-2004, 11:23 PM
you are the most learning handicapped person to ever walk this earth.
DP

So what was the question Doc?

That's why you'll never get past being a part timer....you think you know everything..

Sad.

Here's an observation I had after seeing that pic of your "significant other" w/ the blower...mabe it'll help you too.

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-25662/

Doc Pete
04-15-2004, 11:52 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fareway Lawncare
So what was the question Doc?
[/QUOTE

Question??? Did I ask you a question???? It must have been someone else.

lawnman_scott
04-16-2004, 12:00 AM
i dont share business cards, trailer, name, ect. and never will. I remember a few years ago people were saying he wasnt charging enough for certain lawns and wouldnt last, oops.

dishboy
04-16-2004, 12:06 AM
Doc Pete; I have not been around here long enough to know what started this pissing match with Fareway but I sure don't get it? He does not seem any more ridiculous than any body else, but I think your coffee is to strong or something.

John Gamba
04-16-2004, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Lazer_Z
Let me try that again

You got to get a better camera!

BobR
04-16-2004, 06:42 AM
John Gamba -- Where did you get the micro mower? Looks like it would be just the ticket for maintaining the growth on my near bare noggin..

Going to be a great day in 'Upstate NY' once the frost burns off..

BobR

John Gamba
04-16-2004, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by BobR
John Gamba -- Where did you get the micro mower? Looks like it would be just the ticket for maintaining the growth on my near bare noggin..

Going to be a great day in 'Upstate NY' once the frost burns off..

BobR

They are great for smaller props:D Nice here too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lazer_Z
04-16-2004, 01:47 PM
You got to get a better camera!

John, The pic was taken on my desk it reflects light. I don't have a lazer to pose it on ya got to remember that. I'll see what I have, how about a show of size an eXmark vs a Kub? My camera is a 5.0 mega pixel

Doc Pete
04-16-2004, 04:36 PM
[B]So what was the question Doc?

That's why you'll never get past being a part timer....you think you know everything..

Sad

$25 rototilling......
$20 weekly mowing
Those are scrubs prices where I come from.
DP

John Gamba
04-16-2004, 05:18 PM
John, The pic was taken on my desk it reflects light. I don't have a lazer to pose it on ya got to remember that. I'll see what I have, how about a show of size an eXmark vs a Kub? My camera is a 5.0 mega pixel

How about a pillow??????

Fareway Lawncare
04-16-2004, 05:36 PM
$25 rototilling......
$20 weekly mowing
Those are scrubs prices where I come from.
DP

& those are Canadian $$$!!!

Lazer_Z
04-16-2004, 05:49 PM
How about this?

Creative Lawn Care
04-16-2004, 08:19 PM
Ok I have to ask a question many of you probably already know the answer to. What does John Gamba do? How does he knwo so much about exmark? And where in the world does he get so much cool exmark stuff? (like towel, posters, and mini lazers) By the way I love my LAzer HP

Doc Pete
04-16-2004, 10:06 PM
Wow, so that means it's even less money, right???

jajwrigh
04-16-2004, 11:15 PM
Welcome to the family!

Doc Pete
04-16-2004, 11:24 PM
Gees, and 4 applications of fertilizer/ weed control for $90 is really hitting scrub city, yes??? Boy, scrub prices if I ever saw any.....
DP

Lazer_Z
04-17-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Creative Lawn Care
Ok I have to ask a question many of you probably already know the answer to. What does John Gamba do? How does he knwo so much about exmark? And where in the world does he get so much cool exmark stuff? (like towel, posters, and mini lazers) By the way I love my LAzer HP

I can answer the mini Lazer question. I got mine off of e-Bay John got his from a dealer. And if your after a mini Lazer for yourself go to e-Bay and search for eXmark you should beable to find a good deal on one.

Fareway dude chill out & leave people the h*ll alone.Doc Pete did nothing to you why are you ragging on him? What's your deal?

metro-hp_48
04-17-2004, 01:10 AM
Fareway dude chill out & leave people the h*ll alone.Doc Pete did nothing to you why are you ragging on him? What's your deal?

Wouldn't be Lawnsite without a good Fareway/Casey/Slim/ect. VS. the Doc debate. (keeps it interesting to me... although, I miss most of them) so Doc, did he ever do the "True 3-pt. zero turn" @ speed w/o tearing up the grass?

John Gamba
04-17-2004, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by metro-hp_48

Wouldn't be Lawnsite without a good Fareway/Casey/Slim/ect. VS. the Doc debate. (keeps it interesting to me... although, I miss most of them) so Doc, did he ever do the "True 3-pt. zero turn" @ speed w/o tearing up the grass?

Here we go!!LOLOLOLOLOL Tell us Pete?????????????????
John

John Gamba
04-17-2004, 06:42 AM
How about this?

Your getting better:eek:

John Gamba
04-17-2004, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Creative Lawn Care

I'm a former owner of a company that mowed lawns and did some landscaping. They where five separate company's that i bought in my 10 years of doing this. I do love riding fuel injected lazers and riding behind Turf tracers, A great tan is my life's work and listening to music and riding a lazer is a great way of doing it. I know alot about emarks stuff because i owned a lot of there mowers and have had a good re-pour with there people.

For getting alot of stuff, Just ask your dealer.

John

Oh WELCOME to the club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doc Pete
04-17-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by metro-hp_48
so Doc, did he ever do the "True 3-pt. zero turn" @ speed w/o tearing up the grass?

Uh oh, sounds like you also know it's impossible.:o Yeah, I'm still waitin'........ :D

metro-hp_48
04-17-2004, 07:46 AM
Hear that Doc. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

win1free
04-17-2004, 07:49 AM
Doc Pete,

please check PM.

dishboy
04-17-2004, 07:53 AM
Uh oh, sounds like you also know it's impossible.:o Yeah, I'm still waitin'........ :D

By 3 point turn do you mean turniing at the end of a run, stopping and then reversing and then going forward again?

Do you have the name of the original thread, my curiosity is killing me.

Fareway Lawncare
04-17-2004, 08:03 AM
metrohp48, if the Doc is willing to honor his original challenge of $100 for the video of a z turn at walking speed I will provide it. Unfortunately, when pressed he attemped to weasel out of honoring his offer.

Sad.

metro-hp_48
04-17-2004, 08:11 AM
No doubt you already know if it can be done or not. No doubt you've had months to try it. So, Fareway ol'buddy, which is it?

(I thought Doc raised the bet, and you wanted the Foumites to decide if it was legit or not, before showing us)

That I have to see.

BobR
04-17-2004, 08:18 AM
That is about the only advantage of a belt drive walk behind and even then you have to develop the knack of whipping the machine around without some scuffing.

BobR

Doc Pete
04-17-2004, 08:40 AM
metrohp48, if the Doc is willing to honor his original challenge of $100 for the video of a z turn at walking speed I will provide it. Unfortunately, when pressed he attemped to weasel out of honoring his offer.

Sad.

And here I thought you'd jump at the chance to embarass me in front of the home crowd. As they say, that's priceless, so who needs money to prove it??? Just take your little camcorder, and video it.......
DP

Next, you can explain to us how Meg mo's have more "suction" but "less blowout"......Again, that's impossible. To have more suction requires more air. And, more incoming air requires more outgoing air.... Hence, more blowout.

Fareway Lawncare
04-17-2004, 08:50 AM
metrohp, I wanted forum members to decide if the video was legit..Doc refused to honor his offer. If the offer is still good I will provide the video.

More suction because the knives have good sail...less blowout because they don't drop as low as doubles in the deck.

65hoss
04-17-2004, 09:06 AM
hahahahaahaaaa ROTFLMAO

dishboy
04-17-2004, 09:07 AM
Wow, that is hitting below the intellect.

Doc Pete
04-17-2004, 09:12 AM
More suction because the knives have good sail...less blowout because they don't drop as low as doubles in the deck.

Blade height in the machine doesn't affect blowout unless the deck is way too short and then you have the problem anyway. Also, if the blades are up in the deck, your cut will suffer because the grass must be bend over by the front of the deck and doesn't spring back fast enough. This is one reason why a brushog has the front open, to let the high grass get cut without bending it over.
However, if it works for you that's good.
DP

Doc Pete
04-17-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by 65hoss
hahahahaahaaaa ROTFLMAO

Hoss,
You realize you guy's owe me for providing entertainment on those slow days. This is hard work. :D
.......:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

dishboy
04-17-2004, 09:18 AM
Blade height does effect blowout, I add the mulch blade to My honda 21 [zero lift] which only adds 1/8 in blade height and my blowout is increased.

65hoss
04-17-2004, 09:22 AM
Hoss,
You realize you guy's owe me for providing entertainment on those slow days. This is hard work. :D
.......:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Slow days??? I'm just about to leave out to work all this saturday. Well...ok, not work to hard, it is saturday.:p

Doc Pete
04-17-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by dishboy
Blade height does effect blowout, I add the mulch blade to My honda 21 [zero lift] which only adds 1/8 in blade height and my blowout is increased.

I assume you added the mulch kit, too???? If you added just the blade without the kit, "WHY"????
Now just take a minute and ask yourself can 1/8" make a difference??? It's probably the blade. FWIW, I "did" play with blade height in the deck and on my Hustler, it made no difference.
Try this, take the stock blade and put a 1/8" washer under it and try it.

Fareway Lawncare
04-17-2004, 10:35 AM
eXmark will soon have a blowout baffle that lowers the flow control baffle 1/2" for their Walks...this should help allot for leaf blow-out. Currently I use rubber baseboard material attached w/metal screws to the front of the decks but it gets destroyed quicky.

Fareway Lawncare
04-17-2004, 10:42 AM
Dishboy, the rubber baseboard material might work on your Honda...here it is attached to a Proline...works great for doubles.

dishboy
04-17-2004, 12:29 PM
I assume you added the mulch kit, too???? If you added just the blade without the kit, "WHY"????
Now just take a minute and ask yourself can 1/8" make a difference??? It's probably the blade. FWIW, I "did" play with blade height in the deck and on my Hustler, it made no difference.
Try this, take the stock blade and put a 1/8" washer under it and try it.

Doc Pete;
No this is without the mulch Kit. I use the blade as a spacer to match cutting heights with my 36in wb. It also inables me to mulch if the lawn is thin enough and bag by installing honda's plug or pulling it, thereby saving time.