PDA

View Full Version : Bulk Mulch Supplier in Jersey

little green guy
02-25-2004, 07:07 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows a bulk mulch supplier that will deliver in the Jersey area? I'm thinking about setting up a bin for mulch at our yard so we don't have to go to the nursery every morning and wait and deal with all that. Just looking for a contact if anyone has one I'd realy appreciate it.

NNJLandman
02-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Why don't you just find a local trucking company to pick some up in bulk for you and dump it in your yard? I know of some guys that might deliver to you but of course its for a price.

RiverBend landscapes
02-25-2004, 10:44 PM
1-800- 89mulch ive used him. about 130.00 for 5yds delivered.

Henry
02-26-2004, 08:09 AM
You can try nature's choice. They have locations all over NJ so delivery might not be too high.

Doc Pete
02-26-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by little green guy
I was wondering if anyone knows a bulk mulch supplier that will deliver in the Jersey area? I'm thinking about setting up a bin for mulch at our yard so we don't have to go to the nursery every morning and wait and deal with all that. Just looking for a contact if anyone has one I'd realy appreciate it.

Rich,
My friend owns a recycling company in South Plainfield and they make mulch. They have three tub grinders and one is portable. The minimum is usually 25 yards. Is this what you are looking for???
Pete

little green guy
02-27-2004, 12:05 PM
I'm pretty much looking for a wholesale supplier that supplies the nurseries and stuff. I'd like to just kinda cut out the middle man (the nursery). Mostly becasue if I have it right at the shop in the morning we can save tons of time and I had a big problem last year with the nursery not being able to keep up with supply. I'd start a job in the morning and by the afternoon the would be out and I couldn't finish. I had days where we went through 40+ yards a day and I just need to make it run smoother this year. Plus if I can get it cheaper than what I'm paying at the nursery that would be nice too. Thanks for all the info guys. :drinkup:

bobcatnj
02-27-2004, 01:34 PM
try LMI in hillsborough

Doc Pete
02-27-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by little green guy
I'm pretty much looking for a wholesale supplier that supplies the nurseries and stuff. I'd like to just kinda cut out the middle man (the nursery). Mostly becasue if I have it right at the shop in the morning we can save tons of time and I had a big problem last year with the nursery not being able to keep up with supply. I'd start a job in the morning and by the afternoon the would be out and I couldn't finish. I had days where we went through 40+ yards a day and I just need to make it run smoother this year. Plus if I can get it cheaper than what I'm paying at the nursery that would be nice too. Thanks for all the info guys. :drinkup:

Rich,
I'll try to get the info... My friend does make the mulch and sell to distributors.
DP

rodfather
02-27-2004, 05:59 PM
I have friends that get a trailer load (80 - 90 yards at a time) of double ground brown. Runs them about 6 or 7 bucks a yard I think delivered. If you want, email me at rspronck@aol.com or a private mesage and I can get the specifics.

Turfdude
02-27-2004, 08:59 PM
From NJ I know there are a lot. SJAP (South Jersey Agricultural Products), Banfe (in Barrington NJ), Mimlich (Mount Laurel area). There are also a lot from PA including Frey Bros mulch, Kuhn's mulch. Also, check w/ your current supplier... you may see their supplier dropping off a load and just copy down the info from their truck.

little green guy
02-28-2004, 06:35 PM
Thanks guys, I've gotton all sorts of good leads.

General Grounds
02-29-2004, 09:36 PM
:blob3: we use Britton industries in trenton, mulch is great. give them a try. tony

Project Earth, LLC.
03-10-2004, 09:46 PM
Youre in Somerset?? Goto CEDAR HILL and pay cash. Im sure they'll take care of you.

Im up in the Union county area, and im dying to find someone up here that will do mulches cheap. Im paying around $25-$29 per yard on black root mulch. I could get it cheaper at Cedar Hill, but i have to drive an hour round trip..not worth it.

-JC

AintNoFun
03-11-2004, 07:15 AM
Place down here in monmouth county $10 a yard picked up. Triple Shredded stuff, its not the nicest but i've never had any complaints. its called RTC Recycling on Shafto road in tinton falls...

ManleyLawn
03-12-2004, 09:36 PM
i just had 55 yards of mulch delivered for 14.50 a yard good stuff a little dry but nice they are out of aberdeen md.