PDA

View Full Version : how long should i wait...

LawnsRUsInc.
02-26-2004, 09:37 AM
How long after i submit a proposal for lawn care to a managment company should i wait to call to see if they have any ?'s (kind of to see if they are intrested, that way i can get ready, or cry.) I sent it out on feb 19th and today is feb 26th.

Thanks Jason

Lombardi
02-26-2004, 09:52 AM
If you haven't heard from them about a week before it's time to start mowing, then you might call. One week is too soon to call them. Most companies do not understand that we need to know ASAP so we can plan our seasons accordingly.

lawnGUYnMD
02-26-2004, 10:00 AM
I would give it 30 days before I call to see if they have questions. If not Like Lombardi said call about a week before mowing and ask again. Goodluck

Lux Lawn
02-26-2004, 11:38 AM
I would wait 3-4 weeks and then call them IMO if you wait a week or two before the grass needs to be cut and they have not called you yet they are going with someone else.It can't hurt to call and show you are very interested and you are following up on
your estimate.

Pilgrims' Pride
02-26-2004, 01:39 PM
I would call and cofirm that your bid made it to the right hands.
Ask if there are any questions and then ask when decisions will be made and follow up at that time.

Grassmechanic
02-26-2004, 03:07 PM
That should have been spelled out in your proposal. i.e. " the total cost of this proposal is good for xx days".

upsondown
02-26-2004, 03:12 PM
I would not call - but I would write a follow-up letter - thanking them for the opportunity to bid on their property and inviting them to call you if they have any questions.
Dave

LawnsRUsInc.
02-26-2004, 03:25 PM
thanks to all yea it is spelled out for march 15th in our contract. But i would rather show that i am intrested more in doing business with them.

Jason

cush
02-27-2004, 02:54 PM
I always ask when they will make a decision when I submit my bid. It never hurts to call and talk to them, think of all the places you're gone to buy things. How many times does the sales person call you back, usually never. By calling you are telling them you really want their business.